Some online shops have pdf pages - how?

Some online shops have pdf pages are these automatically created by their cart or are they manually creating them?

When viewing a product they have a link to the pdf version of the online page… how is it done?

Thanks

B

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Some online shops have pdf pages are these automatically created by their cart or are they manually creating them?

When viewing a product they have a link to the pdf version of the online page… how is it done?

Thanks

B[/quote]

For example with Adobe Acrobat… when installed, you will be able to print any webpage as a PDF document.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]For example with Adobe Acrobat… when installed, you will be able to print any webpage as a PDF document.[/QUOTE]

Oh right, so the shopping cart does not make them but you have to manually make them…

When you say installed, installed on my home computer or on my server?

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Oh right, so the shopping cart does not make them but you have to manually make them…

When you say installed, installed on my home computer or on my server?[/quote]

On your PC…

Create a subdirectory in your store called “docs”.

Put your pdf files in that directory.

Create whatever links you want in pages blocks and use /docs/ as the link name.

Hello Badmaash,

No need to create it, no need to stock it, no need to have Acrobat. :rolleyes:

Some Shopping Carts have this feature build in, as Virtuemart.

The PDF is rendered on the fly, like a HTML page in a dynamic web engine.

Here is a Virtuemart product:

[url]Welcome to VirtueMart 3 Sample store

Here is the PDF of this product:

[url]http://demo.virtuemart.net/index2.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.pdf_output&showpage=shop.product_details&pop=1&output=pdf&product_id=6&category_id=1&pop=1[/url]

[SIZE=“3”]This dynamic PDF file is automaticaly created with FPDF.[/SIZE]

I know, this feature is not included in CS-Cart. It’s a pity, because that’s very useful in a SEO purpose, because, sometime you have 2 listing: One for your HTML page, one more for your PDF file. Cool :wink:

Hope this help,

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘Lee Li Pop’]Hello Badmaash,

No need to create it, no need to stock it, no need to have Acrobat. :rolleyes:

Some Shopping Carts have this feature build in, as Virtuemart.

The PDF is rendered on the fly, like a HTML page in a dynamic web engine.

Here is a Virtuemart product:

[url]Welcome to VirtueMart 3 Sample store

Here is the PDF of this product:

[url]http://demo.virtuemart.net/index2.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.pdf_output&showpage=shop.product_details&pop=1&output=pdf&product_id=6&category_id=1&pop=1[/url]

[SIZE=“3”]This dynamic PDF file is automaticaly created with FPDF.[/SIZE]

I know, this feature is not included in CS-Cart. It’s a pity, because that’s very useful in a SEO purpose, because, sometime you have 2 listing: One for your HTML page, one more for your PDF file. Cool :wink:

Hope this help,

Lee Li Pop[/QUOTE]

I smell an add-on for this being built