Some Images Not Uploading Even Manually

Version 2.2.4

I have never had a problem like this in the past

I am trying to upload 1,000 products through csv. Everything uploads no errors but the images are displayed only for about 200 products, rest there is no thumbnail

On the server I can see the images all uploaded in the same folder

There is no reason for some images to show up and the rest not to when they are part of the same csv and all the images are stored in the same location with same attributes etc

I then try to upload one image to the product through admin panel manually, strangely while it shows no error, the image is still missing

Appreciate if anyone can point out any possible reason and solutions

Thanks

Sap

Okay so I deleted all the 1000 items and reuploaded the products - now all images have vanished.

I tried to create a test product manually and while I can create everything (including description, categories and all other attributes), after I upload the image manually, there is no thumbnail!!!

Anyone has any idea why the cart has suddenly stopped taking images for new products?

please check if you have available space on your hosting server

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

I am currently using only 43% of the available space on the host server, there is enough room to accommodate image files

Besides like I did mention before, I can see all images uploaded on the server

[quote name='sap' timestamp='1392805632' post='177793']

I am currently using only 43% of the available space on the host server, there is enough room to accommodate image files

[/quote]

Are you sure the image file path is correct for all images in your CSV? Don't know how you generated the CSV but maybe some characters got lost or added in the process. Try manually editing the CSV for one of the products with a missing image. Also, if you did not do a separate CSV import for images, try that and analyze any problems that occur with that workflow. For troubleshooting it's generally better to break things down as much as possible and thereby localize the problem.

[quote name='sap' timestamp='1392805632' post='177793']

[/quote]

PS- Also look at your image filnames for possible problems. Do any contain possibly probelmatic characters? Rename a few which get lost and see what happens.

[quote name='merchantman' timestamp='1392813994' post='177804']

Are you sure the image file path is correct for all images in your CSV? Don't know how you generated the CSV but maybe some characters got lost or added in the process. Try manually editing the CSV for one of the products with a missing image. Also, if you did not do a separate CSV import for images, try that and analyze any problems that occur with that workflow. For troubleshooting it's generally better to break things down as much as possible and thereby localize the problem.

[/quote]

In the CSV about 200 products did have images, same csv, same path but the rest did not show images

I tried manually creating a product through the admin panel, uploaded the image - still no image

[quote name='merchantman' timestamp='1392815068' post='177805']

PS- Also look at your image filnames for possible problems. Do any contain possibly probelmatic characters? Rename a few which get lost and see what happens.

[/quote]

I dont think it is the image name issue since it is not taking the image even if it is manually uploaded through the admin panel

[quote name='sap' timestamp='1392816762' post='177808']

In the CSV about 200 products did have images, same csv, same path but the rest did not show images

I tried manually creating a product through the admin panel, uploaded the image - still no image

I dont think it is the image name issue since it is not taking the image even if it is manually uploaded through the admin panel

[/quote]

Try renaming the image anyway. Also, maybe you have some corrupt files. Try renaming a known good file to a name which failed.

[quote name='sap' timestamp='1392816762' post='177808']

[/quote]

PS- Also try deleting the image directory path from CS-Cart image import page and re-entering, then save. Basically, completely eliminate every easy possibility you can, even if it seems like a long shot. Maybe CS-Cart is caching some corrupt data? If you can clear it maybe it will work. I'm no expert but I try stuff like this and sometimes it works. From what you've said, it seems like the problem is either specific to certain lines in the CSV file or certain image files.

[quote name='merchantman' timestamp='1392821987' post='177816']

PS- Also try deleting the image directory path from CS-Cart image import page and re-entering, then save. Basically, completely eliminate every easy possibility you can, even if it seems like a long shot. Maybe CS-Cart is caching some corrupt data? If you can clear it maybe it will work. I'm no expert but I try stuff like this and sometimes it works. From what you've said, it seems like the problem is either specific to certain lines in the CSV file or certain image files.

[/quote]

Thanks, tried this too, nothing seems to work. All this has happened suddenly, until this instance there has not been any issues at all ever. Is there anything else anyone can suggest that I may be missing. It can be as silly as caching mechanism playing tricks or maybe something seriously has broken down in the site

Is there any config or tpl file that I need to review? Any advice?