Some Add-ons to Be Excluded from CS-Cart 4.1.1

Yes, I have seen your post and you told the truth. It is very unpolite to delete your post

unless a mistake of the moderator.

[quote name='chris102' timestamp='1384860348' post='171928']

Hi dustundag,

Could you confirm, if you have seen my post about solution that Magento uses and suggestion that maybe it should be the same way in cs-cart? I wrote it today in the night at about 1 am at it seems that it has been deleted by the admin ?

[/quote]

When you walk into a BMW garage, you don't expect other customers to try and sell you an Audi, do you?

I have desperately been wanting to understand how the recurring billing worked as I really need this…the problem WHY people perhaps didn't use it is because it didn't work properly in the first place plus it was far too hard to understand hence why there have been forum posts about it.

A much simpler system that just sends out an invoice every month (or so) automatically to a customer without all the hoo har about them joining a subscription program, end time etc etc etc etc would be much easier.

Unfortunately, simplistic systems only work for simple cases. Also, a true subscription service would not depend on the customer following a link back to a website after notification and re-entering payment info, etc… You'd loose far to many sales that way. Subscriptions should work with flexibility. Either you pay for some batch of widgets up-front and have them delivered over the subscription period or you have an ongoing subscription where the user can cancel at any time before the next delivery date. The two models for me are a magazine subscription and a monthly service like web-hosting.

I'm very disappointed. One of my reasons for purchase was the gift registry. It's perfect for my needs even though I'm not a large store - it sets me apart from other stores was going to be a major part of my marketing strategy.

how about the store import add-on, will it be retained? Will there be a new version of this addon?

The statement was made that there would be more Google Spyware added to 4.1.1. Please tell me there will be a simple way to remove it or disable it?

If not I will have to remove the update access to my webstore.

Google is the competition. They are NOT your Friend. The more they know about you the more it cost you.

You would never buy and install a program that you know has spyware in it. So why would you add it to your livelihood? You are just telling them how much money you are making so they know how much money they should make from you. Their software algorithm will make adjustments based on what they know about you. And you are not going to get the better end of it.

Use Piwik or something that is not sending data to Googles software.

If you tell your landlord every time you get a raise, You can bet your rent will up.

This is just not very smart.

[quote name='Johnny Joe' timestamp='1385275429' post='172232']

The statement was made that there would be more Google Spyware added to 4.1.1. Please tell me there will be a simple way to remove it or disable it?

If not I will have to remove the update access to my webstore.

Google is the competition. They are NOT your Friend. The more they know about you the more it cost you.

You would never buy and install a program that you know has spyware in it. So why would you add it to your livelihood? You are just telling them how much money you are making so they know how much money they should make from you. Their software algorithm will make adjustments based on what they know about you. And you are not going to get the better end of it.

Use Piwik or something that is not sending data to Googles software.

If you tell your landlord every time you get a raise, You can bet your rent will up.

This is just not very smart.

[/quote]

Thinking Google doesn't already know everything about you. Now thats funny…

If you don't want robots (cooperative types) then just disable in robots.txt

Unfortunately, Mr. Google is the default standard for organic search results. But if you do not want to be found by search engines, then just disable them. Note this will not prevent robots who do not honor robots.txt directives.

Dear CS-Cart Management,

I am absolutely disgusted with the lack of thought you have for the customer. As you can see from this thread alone these add-ons are crucial to a number of your customers. As a developer myself I certainly understand the need to cut down development load to make room for innovation, however there is never any excuse for taking away features from a product unless there is another better option available. Releasing these add-ons to the community is not an acceptable answer to your customers concerns. I would suggest you reconsider your stance on this before you loose a lot of disgusted customers.

The removal of some add-ons I can understand such as:

• Affiliate: Wouldn't be overly popular
  • Gift Registry: Not a common thing to do online
  • Statistics: Easily replaced with Google Analytics

However these ones are just not acceptable to remove:
  • Product Configurator: It is absolutely crucial to be able to configure a product no matter what sort of store you are running. This should be part of the main CS-Cart installation, it is absolutely not acceptable to remove this feature.
  • Recurring Billing: Sure it may not be the most used feature and it may not be that easy to use, however it is a way of bringing in money to the store which in turn pays you (CS-Cart) for the product in use. This is crucial for a number of customers, this cannot be removed and should be part of the main installation.

I do hope you reconsider your stance on these. I will be moving to another cart if you do not as the required functionality that CS-Cart is known for will no longer exist. This will also flow on to my customers who I deploy CS-Cart for as no one likes to be told that they are paying for something that is removing features!

I don't use any of these… but what I do want is the ability to have multiple products that share the same inventory source. I do custom embroidery and in order to maintain inventory on my hats, I have to use a dropdown that lists over 15 different motorcycle logo choices. I would like to set them up as individual products all pulling from the single colors combination hat inventory.

Am I the only one that would like this capability?

Hello everyone!

Maybe a bit off topic, but is there any information when the 4.11 will be released?

ty.

Dear Cs-cart,

this is an open letter to let you know how disappointed I am with your latest policy.

Excluding the Product Configurator it's really not acceptable!!!

It was the ONLY reason I choose Cs-cart above many others good e-commerce. My store it's based 90% on this function and now you want to shut it down all of a sudden??? And I have seen that even to make new mods you are giving the effort to third parties… so more money to pay…

This is so unfair towards us that have contributed to the growth of your company making good advertising of your software. But if you proceed with your intention of deleting the product configurator you will have not just me as a customer less, but many others will abandon your e-commerce in favor of others.

[quote name='leigh.harro' timestamp='1386133130' post='172860']

• Product Configurator: It is absolutely crucial to be able to configure a product no matter what sort of store you are running. This should be part of the main CS-Cart installation, it is absolutely not acceptable to remove this feature.

[/quote]

There is zero need for it on any of the stores (non CS Cart) that I run and I've got no problems with it being removed for the CS Cart stores that I'm developing.

You might need it but please don't imply that it's a must have for every type of store. There are many other things I would want to see first.

What is funny about the configurator is that it is the main reason I purchased CS-Cart back in 2006, but yet I've never actually used it. I've set up tons of stores for all sorts of businesses from all over the World, but yet I've never had anyone actually need it. I thought I'd use it for my aquarium site to make it so customers could “build” their aquarium, but yet I've still never used it for that either.

I'd hate to see it be removed, but if there isn't much of a need for it, than I guess that is just the way it goes.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='mattcaswell' timestamp='1386524954' post='173185']

I don't use any of these… but what I do want is the ability to have multiple products that share the same inventory source. I do custom embroidery and in order to maintain inventory on my hats, I have to use a dropdown that lists over 15 different motorcycle logo choices. I would like to set them up as individual products all pulling from the single colors combination hat inventory.

Am I the only one that would like this capability?

[/quote]

No Your not, but remember that SEO and user experience do recommend the dropdown version as opposed to the individual item for every colour/size of the same product.

John

@John, but Google Merchant wants a unique combination/picture for each so that seems to conflict with the statement about SEO.

@Brandon, I've attempted to use it for one older client who did Gift Baskets. But it was so limited and so buggy that we couldn't use it. After digging through the Javascript and code base, it was such a mess and so tightly wired to a specific need that I gave up. I'm guessing this is why cs-cart is dropping it too. It is incomplete and overly complex. And to maintain existing functionality and take it forward is a significant investment.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1387737831' post='173932']

@John, but Google Merchant wants a unique combination/picture for each so that seems to conflict with the statement about SEO.

[/quote]true…this is what makes it so awkward for products with many variants, i see competitors filling the whole G shopping page of every colour and size comb for 1 product…, I would love to see Gs algorithym on that one

Hi,

Very disrepectfull. Not only by doing this in e very generic announcement but for us the main reason to buy licences and also buy serious development from you on top, was among others the recurring billing feature. As you mention yourself a rather complex thing, but based on this we very recently invested in your products and services.

I.m.o. you simply cannot dump such complex part over the fence towards OpenSource development. I doubt it will be doable at all.

I simply expect long term support and long term relationships where either party does his part in the agreement, that's very common business.

I expect a proper solution for this, even if we are using a specific and rarely used part does not implicate you simply can let us down this way and especially not in this manner.

Exactly! Cs-cart should alternatively refund for users who does not want to

carry on with the future use & updates due to the these add ons removal

Rather then improving the existing add ons, it is a very poor practice

to remove the addons!.