(Solved) Menu Links Not Translatable

Hi,

Been busting my head over this.

The menu's in cs-cart are multilanguage, however, the links cannot be changed PER language.

I have a dutch menu, which needs to point to the url /NL/category

In english this url needs to point to /EN/category

This doesn't work, the name field translates fine though.

I've tried setting up 2 menu's in layout, but the layouts will stay the same in each language layout so that doesn't work. Any idea how to solve this?

Hi,

Been busting my head over this.

The menu's in cs-cart are multilanguage, however, the links cannot be changed PER language.

I have a dutch menu, which needs to point to the url /NL/category

In english this url needs to point to /EN/category

This doesn't work, the name field translates fine though.

I've tried setting up 2 menu's in layout, but the layouts will stay the same in each language layout so that doesn't work. Any idea how to solve this?

What kind of menu do you use - manually configured or generated automatically?

I have tried both Megamenu and the default menu *dropdown horizontal*

If the menu items are done correctly, they should track language. Note that 'EN' is an invalid language code where 'en' is correct.

So a menu item for en/this-category/this-file.html would be translated to: nl/deze-categorie/deze-file.html.

I have tried both Megamenu and the default menu *dropdown horizontal*

So do you use menu from Design -> Menus ?

If the menu items are done correctly, they should track language. Note that 'EN' is an invalid language code where 'en' is correct.

So a menu item for en/this-category/this-file.html would be translated to: nl/deze-categorie/deze-file.html.

I'll try this. the problem i simply had was that i change the language when editting the menu. Then put in /en/category.

That didn't stick, i'll get back asap.

Thank you for your tip!

The way it works is putting in a url in this format in the field url: "categories.view?category_id=categoryID|fn_url"

This translates correctly and gets the correct CAT url for that language.

Thanks!

You shouldn't be manually addon the language. This should be a "rules" function of the SEO module. All you should enter is the leaf-node name (like my-category-name). The SEO rules engine will add the appropriate paths, language codes, etc. Please read the documentation on SEO for cs-cart.

Thank you for your tip!

The way it works is putting in a url in this format in the field url: "categories.view?category_id=categoryID|fn_url"

This translates correctly and gets the correct CAT url for that language.

Thanks!

Yes, that is the way it is designed to work. Let fn_url do all the work for you of building the proper URL.

You shouldn't be manually addon the language. This should be a "rules" function of the SEO module. All you should enter is the leaf-node name (like my-category-name). The SEO rules engine will add the appropriate paths, language codes, etc. Please read the documentation on SEO for cs-cart.

Hi ,

I would like to know if this is still true in 2020 ? I am trying to translate everything on my MV . but i am doing everything manually menus etc but i cant think i should have to translate EVERYTHING , lots of manhours . i read that it should somewhat be automatic ?

I will read beter SEO chapter tomorrow , as you suggested , in the meantime , if you could shed some light , on whether if it is relevant in 2020 and if there is a tip or two

many thanks

best