"Social bookmarks" add-on is available for testing!

Hi all,

As regards the add-on, I have updated the package.

Changelog:

1. Added small icons to the services in the admin area.

2. Added a new setting: Icon size. If you use the “Compact” or “Full” icons style, you can specify their size, 32x32 or 16x16:

The download link in my first message.

Also I have updated my first message and added an installation and configuration instruction.

Thank you!

In the Addons area, where you would check mark the services you want to use I only see “check / uncheck all” and do not see any services below that. Though when I do add it to a page I see the service, it just shows everything.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Nice addon, installation works easy…

I think what would be nice too if admin could manually sort (maybe drag&drop) the order of the icons which appears first in the list… actually it seems to be sort alphabetically, causes that the icons like vkontakte is only be visible for customers after clicking the “more” button

Can I adjust the icon size in the code? I want them to be a little bit bigger that 16 x 16 namely 20 x 20.

Hi all,

Sorry for the long delay in answering.

[quote name=‘rmsilver7’ timestamp=‘1302403531’ post=‘109448’]

In the Addons area, where you would check mark the services you want to use I only see “check / uncheck all” and do not see any services below that. Though when I do add it to a page I see the service, it just shows everything.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

[/quote]

First of all you have to have internet connection. The add-on receives all services from the addthis.com server.

Open the addons/bookmarks/func.php file

Find this codeline:

list($header, $result) = fn_http_request(‘GET’, ‘http://cache.addthiscdn.com/services/v1/sharing.en.xml’);

And print $result variable. So you will see the server response.

[quote name=‘nxvc’ timestamp=‘1303637122’ post=‘110828’]

Nice addon, installation works easy…

I think what would be nice too if admin could manually sort (maybe drag&drop) the order of the icons which appears first in the list… actually it seems to be sort alphabetically, causes that the icons like vkontakte is only be visible for customers after clicking the “more” button

[/quote]

I made it in the new version (available by the link in my first message).

It works for the “Compact” and “Full” icon styles.

Open the add-on settings page and move services as you wish (unfortunately, it works a bit slowly). Click Save.

I’ve moved the “Vkontakte” service to the first place:

[quote name=‘Eduard’ timestamp=‘1308408364’ post=‘115221’]

Can I adjust the icon size in the code? I want them to be a little bit bigger that 16 x 16 namely 20 x 20.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, no. Only 16x16 and 32x32 parameters are accepted by the addthis.com service. But you can, for example, use 32x32 icons, but reduce width and height of the icons using CSS.

Thank you all for the comments. Feel free to ask me any questions or give me any suggestions.

With the best wishes!

it can show administrator url.

Manual add-on seems better and more flexible: you can let addthis show the icons that are important to the customer and show these. For example, in the Netherlands we have Hyves, a social network that is very big. It makes no sense showing this icon to customers from the UK though.

Also, I can't sort the icons wich I can do with a manual code.

This is a great add-on!

BUT… It does not apparently work if HTTPS is enabled. what I mean is that when HTTPS is enabled, the add-on only loads the module in HTTP mode, so the user is prompted to allow un-secure content, especially when checking out. My pilot users chose not to order due to this behavior.

Is there a way for this to work that maybe I overlooked?

Just installed on 2.2.1 CE and it seems to work great. THANKS!

Sorry,

I can not figure how to add this inside the product page and not to a tab of the page as a block

thank you

This is really a great add on.

Is there any way to put Bookmarks inside the product block, like under the product title or over the description tab?

Great Addon!!! Is it possible to add another view, not just icon but add “like” “tweet”… (3d view from here http://www.addthis.com/) and absolutely agree with previous comment - it would be great if there was a chance to add under the “add to cart” in product block

[attachment=4675:Bookmarks.jpg]

Bookmarks.jpg

Is there multi-language support for this add-on ?

I have installed it on a website with 4 languages and it seems it uses English for all …

Nice m8. only missing google+1

ill try to install on 2.2.4 later thanks m8

[quote name='BaDTaG' timestamp='1325243250' post='128682']

Nice m8. only missing google+1

ill try to install on 2.2.4 later thanks m8

[/quote]

The google+ functionality is in it already.

I just tried to install this again on 2.2.4 and it is not showing. I have it assigned to all products and I have the addon active and the various services checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

[quote name='jegesmaci' timestamp='1330176565' post='132069']

I just tried to install this again on 2.2.4 and it is not showing. I have it assigned to all products and I have the addon active and the various services checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

[/quote]

I see it coming up on your site… I guess you fixed the problem?

Hey there. I installed and configured the addon but in the “new block” i try ti create , I don;t see the bookmark option in “block content”

Is there something wrong with the installation ?

Thanks in advance

Kostas S

Any updates on this post, would like to install add-on but seems people are having issues still…

I uploaded the package file to var/skins_repository/base and then extracted it there. But when I go to the Addons section in the backend there's no bookmarks addon showing up. I have cs cart 2.2.4