Smarty Error

Hello All-

I was trying to add google analytics tracking code and Alexa tracking code. I now receive this error:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in index.tpl line 218]: syntax error: unrecognized tag ‘var’ (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 589) in /home/bestplan/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I removed everything I added and still get this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Carol

Anyone have any thoughts? I would greatly appreciate it. Could this be related to permissions? This is the only glimmer of hope I’ve seen from other threads. My addons folder is 777, should it be 755?

Thank you in advance,

Carol

Can you post the code you placed in index.tpl?

Hi Ion-Cannon- The code is:

Thank you for your time!
Carol

[URL]Search Results for "docs" | Smarty

Also, you do know that there is a Google Analytics Add-on right? If I remember correctly there was nothing that needed to manually installed after installing that. You just have to configure it with your account number…?

Yes, Ion-Cannon, I did the Google Analytics Add-on but did a restore and “thought” I lost my tracking information.

Triplets- I will look into the link- thank you.

Carol

Problem solved. Just completely removed the code instead of just uncommenting it. Thanks for all the replies. It’s greatly appreciated.

Carol

When you add any kind of code to a tpl file you should put it between literal tags {* and *} or else you may get this kind of errors.