Smarty Error When Adding Subcategory

Hello,

Can anyone decipher this: Warning: Smarty error: split: size doesn't defined in /home2/david/public_html/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I tried to add a subcategory to a 1st level subcategory. The new subcategory appeared in the back end but not on the front end. The 1st level subcategory showed the above error at top of first page.

This is what I am after:

Modern age comic books

|_

Q

|_

Quasar

Quicksilver

etc.etc.

When I added the Quasar subcategory I got the error.

Appreciate all replies!

Have you tried clearing your cache (registry and template via ?cc&ctpl)?

Hey guys!

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it did not work. I had cart-power install live search a couple of days ago but I do not think that should have caused any issues. The mod falls a little short of what I neded but it does seem to function without issues.

Thanks again for the help!

Disable the addon and see if the issue goes away. if so, report to Cart Power and I'm sure they will fix it for you.

Hey guys!

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it did not work. I had cart-power install live search a couple of days ago but I do not think that should have caused any issues. The mod falls a little short of what I neded but it does seem to function without issues.

Thanks again for the help!

Try to disable all 3rd party modules one-by-one. This error should not present on the clean installation

Disabled Live Search and problem persists. Do not think the addon was the problem.

Disabled Live Search and problem persists. Do not think the addon was the problem.

The issue may be caused by third-party code modifications. Please check it. Or contact us via Help Desk.

Will unistalling from the backend be sufficent or will I actually need to remove the addons from the directory?

Disabling prevents addon code and templates from executing/being available. So disable should be sufficient.

I believe Schemas are now cached and are updated on addon enable/disable so old problem of addon schemas being left behind no longer exists.

Please PM me temporary FTP access so that we can check the issue

I think the issue is a addon developed by Alt-Team allowing my products to be sorted by product code. When I uninstalled it I got an error concerning the database when I tried to create new subcategories.

Thanks to everybody kind enough to respond to my post! You guys are the best!

eComLabs I just saw your post for the PM. I will do that. I contacted Alt-Team and they thought the problem might be caused by a failure on the server or related to the cache. Do not believe it is the cache.

Do not believe it is the cache.

Cache is very significant in version 4. Do not write it off

eComLabs I just saw your post for the PM. I will do that. I contacted Alt-Team and they thought the problem might be caused by a failure on the server or related to the cache. Do not believe it is the cache.

The issue should not be caused by cache. Only if non-default block is used for displaying categories

Fixed. The issue was caused by the wrong code in the hook file which overrides category template

Was this a purchased addon that had the bad hook? User created? Standard addon? Custom development?

Not really looking to name names, but more about source of the problem so if encountered again would be quicker to identify cause.

The addon was a custom development that allowed product sorting by the product code alphanumerically. It was imperative that my products be sorted alphanumerically and this was the only solution I could find.

eComLabs your help has been invaluable. I created some new subcategories in a test and it worked perfectly. I will be watching your site for 3x compatible addons. Thanks again!

The addon was a custom development that allowed product sorting by the product code alphanumerically. It was imperative that my products be sorted alphanumerically and this was the only solution I could find.

eComLabs your help has been invaluable. I created some new subcategories in a test and it worked perfectly. I will be watching your site for 3x compatible addons. Thanks again!

You are welcome! If you face any problem, please let me know.