Slow Search Bar

Hello All, New to the site, but have cs cart for several years, just relaunched our site and updated to the new cs cart, the first week the search bar worked great, Today I noticed it is taking 20 seconds or so for the search bar to work, we have around 1700 products on the site. Any info would be great.

not sure if it will help, but did you &cc&ctpl?

Hello All, New to the site, but have cs cart for several years, just relaunched our site and updated to the new cs cart, the first week the search bar worked great, Today I noticed it is taking 20 seconds or so for the search bar to work, we have around 1700 products on the site. Any info would be great.

Hello! Check response time of your server. And you should disable "auto update cache" option (go to admin area -> "Design" -> "Themes").

What do you mean by "slow search bar"? Do you use any 3rd party modules with suggestive search?

Wanted to give an update on this, I am seeing the same issue. Recaching does not help. There are no 3rd party addons installed other than what comes with the base install. "Auto update cache" is disabled. Search takes 20-30 seconds to perform. Running the latest version of CS-cart. All other sections of the website run fine.

Wanted to give an update on this, I am seeing the same issue. Recaching does not help. There are no 3rd party addons installed other than what comes with the base install. "Auto update cache" is disabled. Search takes 20-30 seconds to perform. Running the latest version of CS-cart. All other sections of the website run fine.

me too, no 3rd party addons installed other than what comes with the base install. "Auto update cache" is disabled. Search takes 20-30 seconds to perform. Running the latest version of CS-cart. All other sections of the website run fine.

no 3rd party addons installed other than what comes with the base install. "Auto update cache" is disabled. Search takes 20-30 seconds to perform. Running the latest version of CS-cart. All other sections of the website run fine. our site is ridetech.com check it out

no 3rd party addons installed other than what comes with the base install. "Auto update cache" is disabled. Search takes 20-30 seconds to perform. Running the latest version of CS-cart. All other sections of the website run fine. our site is ridetech.com check it out

It is required to examine issue directly on your server. Try to temporary disable filter on the search results page

This was the fix…

Optimize the Database

Optimize the database to increase performance: that way you reclaim unused space and defragment the datafile.

1. In the administration panel, go to Administration → Backup/Restore.
  2. Click the gear button on right and choose Optimize Database.
  3. Wait for the progress bar to fill. The database size will be decreased, if possible.

Thank you for sharing this info.