Skip Payment checkbox?

Just installed 2.0.4 - hmm now at the bottom of step 4 on checkout I have a skip payment checkbox… why is it there and how can I get rid of it?

I have the same question.

that makes 3 of us, how about cs-cart giving us an answer, please.

Do you see it only when acting on behalf of a customer?

In the template:

/skins/basic/customer/views/checkout/summary.tpl

I see this code…

{if $auth.act_as_user}

{$lang.skip_payment}

{/if}

Maybe comment it out and see what happens.

Hope this helps!
-Bunga

I must have done the “act on behalf of” yesterday in my admin, while “playing around with it”, since that is the only way I can reproduce it today. Now it makes sense, unless it pops up again. Thanks.

this exists if your payment processer is in a test environment, so you can skip payments to see your order completion process

Hi Toyshop,

I have same problme where is act on behalf of box in admin?

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Hi Toyshop,

I have same problme where is act on behalf of box in admin?[/QUOTE]

In Users->Customer, you will find ‘Act on behalf of’ in the ‘more’ link at the right. There is also an ‘act on behalf of’ link at the top of the profile details page.

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I also got this from CSC support.

To remove the “Skip payment” check box from the “Checkout” page, please pass the following steps:

1. Open the “summary.tpl” file located in the “skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/views/checkout” directory of your CS-Cart installation (where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront)
  2. Remove this part of code:

{$lang.skip_payment}

3) Save the file.

John

Removing the code isn’t necessary unless you are concerned about seeing it when you act on behalf of a customer. That code is enclosed by

{if $auth.act_as_user}

{endif}

so you only see it when you act on behalf of a user. Customers don’t see it.

I have a customer on the telephone today who asked me should he tick the skip payment box at checkout and pay me over the telephone??

He wasnt registered and this showed, so is it supposed to show or not. seems suspect to me asking customers do they want to skip payment??

JOhn

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1277239973' post='83019']

I have a customer on the telephone today who asked me should he tick the skip payment box at checkout and pay me over the telephone??

He wasnt registered and this showed, so is it supposed to show or not. seems suspect to me asking customers do they want to skip payment??

JOhn

[/quote]

This still is showing on version 2.2.1. Does it only show up for the admin customer or is this a bug?