Skins in Ultimate version

Hello,

I've just installed the ultimate edition with two storefronts and immediately run into some problems.

I followed the steps to copy the basic skin: copy the folder basic in /var/skins_repository/, changed the manifest.ini file.

Went I went into the skin selector in the admin however, I could only select the skin for the customer area, not for the administration part. First problem, as I also want to slightly modify the admin skin.

When I selected my new (copied) skin, I was expecting to find a new folder in the /skins/ directory. But I can only see the basic folder there?

So, should I do my changes in the /var/skins_repository/new_skin/ folder then?

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Ok, found the answer to the last question, the skin is located at /stores/1/skins/new_skin/

Still wonder why I can't select an admin skin!

Mark

Nobody that knows why you can't select an admin skin in the Ultimate edition?

Not sure what you are asking. Ultimate comes with one Admin skin and it is shared among all stores. That is the purpose of Ultimate, one Admin with many storefronts.

Ok, understand that… but in the normal version I could select a skin for the admin part, in the Ultimate I just can't…

I think admin is hard-wired to basic in the skin selector. If you want to modify the admin skin (not sure why you would, it's admin) but why not just copy skins/basic/admin to skins/basic/admin.bkp and modify away… If you don't use hooks your changes will be overwritten on future upgrades regardless of what you name a skin.

I originally installed 3.0.4 Professional, and I'm upgrading to 3.0.4 Ultimate now. I was using a custom skin, so I copied it into /stores/1/skins and stores/2/skins. In the admin, I can't select this skin.

[quote name='grayloon' timestamp='1357832203' post='152596']

I originally installed 3.0.4 Professional, and I'm upgrading to 3.0.4 Ultimate now. I was using a custom skin, so I copied it into /stores/1/skins and stores/2/skins. In the admin, I can't select this skin.

[/quote]

Copy the new skins to /var/skin_repository/ then you will be able to select them. Note, this will override the existing versions you have uploaded to /stores/1/skins/ and /stores/2/skins/