Sitemap Url

Hi

I manage two installations of CS Cart and have an issue with the one install where the sitemap URL is www.example.com/index.php?dispatch=xmlsitemap.view and everytime I regenerate the sitemap, I get a 404 error when trying to visit www.example.com/sitemap.xml. The second install is fine and has generated the sitemap perfectly.

Has anyone else encountered this and know how to fix?

Thanks

Matt

Hi

I manage two installations of CS Cart and have an issue with the one install where the sitemap URL is www.example.com/index.php?dispatch=xmlsitemap.view and everytime I regenerate the sitemap, I get a 404 error when trying to visit www.example.com/sitemap.xml. The second install is fine and has generated the sitemap perfectly.

Has anyone else encountered this and know how to fix?

Thanks

Matt

Check whether the SEO add-on is active in your installation. If it does not help please contact us via HelpDesk and provide temporary FTP access to your server.

Check whether the SEO add-on is active in your installation. If it does not help please contact us via HelpDesk and provide temporary FTP access to your server.

Yes the SEO add-on is active.

Yes the SEO add-on is active.

Is the Google Sitemap add-on active? And is is setup correctly? If you press "Regenerate a sitemap" what does it do?

Is the Google Sitemap add-on active? And is is setup correctly? If you press "Regenerate a sitemap" what does it do?

Yes the add-on is active. It goes through the process of generating the new links but is only accessible via the /index.php?dispatch=xmlsitemap.view. The normal sitemap.xml url gives a 404 error so I'm looking at creating a redirect in the .htaccess file since there don't seem to be any other differences from the other install which works fine. I'm not sure however if this will cause any conflicts with the SEO add-on.

Yes the add-on is active. It goes through the process of generating the new links but is only accessible via the /index.php?dispatch=xmlsitemap.view. The normal sitemap.xml url gives a 404 error so I'm looking at creating a redirect in the .htaccess file since there don't seem to be any other differences from the other install which works fine. I'm not sure however if this will cause any conflicts with the SEO add-on.

We can check the issue if you PM me temporary FTP access to your store

I would try un-installing the add-on and then re-adding.

I would try un-installing the add-on and then re-adding.

Tried that but still no luck. Thanks for suggesting though.

We can check the issue if you PM me temporary FTP access to your store

I have requested the FTP details from the digital team and will PM you once I have them. Thanks