site upgrade on localhost won't link

I have a bit of a problem since upgrading to version 2.1.2 on a localhost server as a test for the actual web connection, using Xampp install of Apache (also upgraded).

I restored the data dump from the original site and after of few tweaks everything appeared to be ok (the ‘new’ database over the original a problem?) except I can’t link anything through my preview links or top menu tabs. All that links is the Xampp splash page at [url]http://localhost/xampp[/url]!

Any thoughts on what’s causing this behavior?

Didn’t hear back so I did some more searching myself.

Evidently the problem is caused by the SEO add-on. For those with the same issue, hears the official word on where to start:

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Went through the above found my .htaccess file was supported by local Apache server, that .php rewrite mod existed.

When I finally disable the SEO add-on in the admin panel as per other posts, links again worked. Un-installing and re-installing the add-on did not work, only an error message.

As I don’t believe I need SEO on a localhost server, I’ll leave SEO off. Its probably a server mis-config.

For those with the same problem on the web, good luck.

I ran in to the same issue while creating a test site to upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.3.

After I created my test site, none of the interior page links from the home page worked. After disabling the SEO addon, all interior page links worked.

I also discovered that I was missing my var/.htaccess and var/skins_repository/.htaccess files. I am still not sure why these are gone and am looking into the issue.