Site EXTREMELY slow after upgrade.

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]Easier said than done. CS REALLY, I MEAN REALLY likes to point the finger over and over before they finally fix the problem. I’m not saying for sure that it is a CS issue this time but that is what they have done several times in the past. I’m assuming they did the upgrade properly.

The only other script that is running that is not CS related it leechprotect. I have read several articles online saying that can sometimes cause issues. But it’s odd that it isn’t causing issues with the old version.[/quote]

Looks like you have three choices here:

1. Pay CS-Cart to fix ‘something’
  2. Ask you hosting provider to look into it further
  3. Hire a developer/third-party who will fix it. Looks like you ain’t getting help with 1/2 at the moment.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Looks like you have three choices here:

1. Pay CS-Cart to fix ‘something’
  2. Ask you hosting provider to look into it further
  3. Hire a developer/third-party who will fix it. Looks like you ain’t getting help with 1/2 at the moment.[/quote]

Yup, 1 and 2 are out at this point. And I really hate to resort to option 3 since I’ve already paid a significant amount on the 1 and 2 options. So I may up paying 1,2 and 3 without getting any results.

Right now things are really odd. 2.0.11 is functioning fine as it was before the switch. 2.1.4 is functioning fine on the server (hidden). So CS seems to think if I put it back it may magically fix itself. Feel free to compare or offer opinions:

2.0.11 (live)

[url]http://www.fastdecals.com/shop/[/url]

[url]http://www.fastdecals.com/shopNEW/[/url]

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]Yup, 1 and 2 are out at this point. And I really hate to resort to option 3 since I’ve already paid a significant amount on the 1 and 2 options. So I may up paying 1,2 and 3 without getting any results.[/quote]

I offered O.o…

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]

Right now things are really odd. 2.0.11 is functioning fine as it was before the switch. 2.1.4 is functioning fine on the server (hidden). So CS seems to think if I put it back it may magically fix itself. Feel free to compare or offer opinions:

2.0.11 (live)

[URL]URL]

[URL]http://www.fastdecals.com/shopNEW/[/URL][/quote]

The issue is relative to 2.0.11/12 with SQL queries and product filters/options. I’m speculating here since I don’t have access to your server - I’ve already assisted a client with a similar issue.

Version 2.0.12, January 19 2010

[*] The database driver was improved.I’ll leave it with you to fix, as I understand it - It’s CS-Cart because if it were hosting wise I would have a few more clients getting grumpy with me.

J.

[quote]

The issue is relative to 2.0.11/12 with SQL queries and product filters/options. I’m speculating here since I don’t have access to your server - I’ve already assisted a client with a similar issue.

Version 2.0.12, January 19 2010

[*] The database driver was improved.I’ll leave it with you to fix, as I understand it - It’s CS-Cart because if it were hosting wise I would have a few more clients getting grumpy with me.

[/quote]

I’m not understanding since I don’t have an issue with 2.0.11. The issue only occurred after the upgrade to 2.1.4. I’m guessing 2.1.4 works fine now being hidden since their aren’t several people on the site at one time making queries. I would guess that as soon as I put it back as the main store things will start screwing up again. I’m a little too busy to try that ATM, but I plan on testing that theory next week.

In version 2.1.x, they reduced the number of SQL calls (part of their “enhancements”). While this reduces the number of calls, it doesn’t reduce the amount of work to get the data returned. It just pushes the work off to mysqld through using more complex queries. Those queries have to be compiled in mysql and then it will use its own strategy to resolve them. There are more temporary tables created in 2.1.x and generally mysqld has to do more work to support it, but the cart does make fewer calls.

Performance NEVER comes for free. It is almost always a question of trade offs and where you can get the work done most efficiently. 2.1 uses more ajax calls which means more cgi processes per page loaded than before. In addition, they make fewer sql calls but the ones they do make are more complex. Hence the load gets pushed to mysqld to sort it all out. Newer versions of mysqld would be expected to do a better job of this than older versions.

Update.

To put my mind at rest and prove my point to CS developers, I moved up to a 2GB of RAM hosting package and the problem still persists. As I expected, something is causing a major drain on the server so I don't think any hosting package (no matter how large I go) will fix the problem. If it did, it would just be covering up a larger issue IMHO. CS keeps insisting it is a server issue though (even though no one else using their servers is having issues with 2.1.4 and I didn't have any issues with 2.0.11). Money is quickly getting thin with all this downtime (site is basically unusable at peak times). So orders only roll in late at night when there isn't much traffic. Even at 3AM the site can be clogged up with only a few visitors (I get about 2000 visitors per day). CS keeps “looking into it” but nothing is getting accomplished. I'm afraid I may be stuck going back to 2.0.11 forever as I can't afford to have a cart that generates no/few sales a day.

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1308331908' post='115177']

Update.

To put my mind at rest and prove my point to CS developers, I moved up to a 2GB of RAM hosting package and the problem still persists. As I expected, something is causing a major drain on the server so I don't think any hosting package (no matter how large I go) will fix the problem. If it did, it would just be covering up a larger issue IMHO. CS keeps insisting it is a server issue though (even though no one else using their servers is having issues with 2.1.4 and I didn't have any issues with 2.0.11). Money is quickly getting thin with all this downtime (site is basically unusable at peak times). So orders only roll in late at night when there isn't much traffic. Even at 3AM the site can be clogged up with only a few visitors (I get about 2000 visitors per day). CS keeps “looking into it” but nothing is getting accomplished. I'm afraid I may be stuck going back to 2.0.11 forever as I can't afford to have a cart that generates no/few sales a day.

[/quote]

Contact me.

Hey Jesse,

I tried to PM you but it says you can't receive anymore messages. I didn't see your response on this post until today.

[quote name=‘IsItFast’ timestamp=‘1308787823’ post=‘115535’]

Hey Jesse,

I tried to PM you but it says you can’t receive anymore messages. I didn’t see your response on this post until today.

[/quote]

CS-Cart killed my VIP PM box since the upgrade, severely limited in terms of size :)

You can PM now.

J.

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1308331908' post='115177']

Update.

[/quote]

Did u paid CS-cart to do the job?If yes, how much?

I did read several time CS-cart appeared on your posts but none of them replied…

[quote name='Siu Ling' timestamp='1308791853' post='115541']

Did u paid CS-cart to do the job?If yes, how much?

I did read several time CS-cart appeared on your posts but none of them replied…

[/quote]

Yes, I paid the custom developer team a good amount for the upgrade/mods. After several weeks of debate, they passed if off as not being their responsibility/problem so was told I need to purchase support credit. Which is odd since I'm not sure how I purchased an upgraded license but it didn't come with support??? So I spent more money dealing with support and still the issues persists. Currently running a server that has about 6-7 times the resources that I started with (and worked fine with 2.0.11). But apparently it still isn't enough to keep the store working properly. I just keep getting told it is a “server problem” even though I am now on my third server and nothing has improved.

Hello IsItFast,

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1308792877' post='115542']

Yes, I paid the custom developer team a good amount for the upgrade/mods. After several weeks of debate, they passed if off as not being their responsibility/problem so was told I need to purchase support credit. Which is odd since I'm not sure how I purchased an upgraded license but it didn't come with support??? So I spent more money dealing with support and still the issues persists. Currently running a server that has about 6-7 times the resources that I started with (and worked fine with 2.0.11). But apparently it still isn't enough to keep the store working properly. I just keep getting told it is a “server problem” even though I am now on my third server and nothing has improved.

[/quote]

We apologize for any possible inconveniences.

We are working on your problem in our Customer Help Desk and we will contact you as soon as we get any results.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1308792877' post='115542']

[/quote]Did you ever get this problem solved?

[quote name='Slightly_Bent_Halo' timestamp='1348415966' post='145588']

Did you ever get this problem solved?

[/quote]

Yes I did. CS support finally tracked it down to a corrupted database.

I normally update my threads with a fix but I guess I forgot to on this one.