Simtech Banner Ads?

So why (in a community forum in which cs-cart plays a minor role) does Simtech get a banner ad in the 3rd party section? Seems like the marketplace was put in place to advertise addons (and addon services) and giving that advantage to Simtech is pretty unfair to other 3rd party developers who are supposed to be on a level playing field here in the forums (or at least it has been for the past 10 years or so).

While I'm on my soapbox.... Can developers PLEASE stop responding to questions with all the "at your service" responses? Just answer their question if you have any input. It should be obvious who the developers are and developers that don't help users with questions shouldn't be in the running anyway.

We have more and more topics which are one post questions followed by (usually the same) 4 offers. I try really hard to answer questions first and if it requires development, to state that I'll give them a quote in the same post where I answer their question. But all this 4 -> 1 posts for development services is getting pretty annoying.

This forum is becoming more of freelance hiring board then community forum, does not feel so live as it used to be. Free contributions are long gone..

I guess you could also say something about other developers.

I mean they are the developers of CS-Cart and are making a lot of add-ons that were previously made by other companies (though this is not a bad thing as this is done on any platform that ever exists, everyone has their unique approach and wants to prove that their code is better). Copying other developers is basically the exact opposite of what any party wants to do which is forcing the developers to be on top of custom development services as these are the only addons that are really profitable.

No offense, but in my opinion developers that copy should be dealt with, they are the ones scaring away the other developers (unless it is theme related) because they just copy ones ideas, which results in less innovation from both sides.

JUST TO BE CLEAR I AM MAKING A GENERAL STATEMENT AND I AM NOT TAKING A SWING AT CS-CART NOR AM I TAKING A SWING AT ANY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY WORKING WITH CS-CART OR ANY OTHER PLATFORM.

Simtech Dev is a separate company from Simtech cs-cart (or so they claim). So in essence they are a 3rd party developer just like the rest of us. But they get special treatment in addition to leveraging the Simtech name. Just thought it was not in the "community forum" spirit to have banner ads for a specific developer. The forum used to pride itself on being ad free.

Simtech Dev is a separate company from Simtech cs-cart (or so they claim). So in essence they are a 3rd party developer just like the rest of us. But they get special treatment in addition to leveraging the Simtech name. Just thought it was not in the "community forum" spirit to have banner ads for a specific developer. The forum used to pride itself on being ad free.

This is very true, put simtech in my previous comment and you will know.