Simple mod in artificial_casting theme

I am wanting to modify the location of the shopping cart icon and the search field up to the top of the theme. Please see the attached image so you can see exactly what I am talking about.

I am also trying to close the gap that seems to be controlled by the search field…under it.

I have been playing the CSS's and the TPL for these items, but I just can't seem to get them placed where I want them.

The test site is globalgiveaway.org and may be different than the image because I still want to continue learning and playing.

Thank you!

cs-cartTop.jpg

[quote name='HempUSA' timestamp='1317678211' post='122862']

I am wanting to modify the location of the shopping cart icon and the search field up to the top of the theme. Please see the attached image so you can see exactly what I am talking about.

I am also trying to close the gap that seems to be controlled by the search field…under it.

I have been playing the CSS's and the TPL for these items, but I just can't seem to get them placed where I want them.

The test site is globalgiveaway.org and may be different than the image because I still want to continue learning and playing.

Thank you!

[/quote]

CSS is “complicated” at times lol. But… to move your search box and cart i would edit the .top-search and #cart_status classes to something like below. Of course you will want to play around to get it just right.

good luck.

UPDATE… I suggest you use the my_changes plugin so not to edit the main CSS file

of CS-Cart. (CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation)

.top-search {
padding: 100px 0 0 555px;
position: relative;
top: -30px;
}
#cart_status {
position:relative;top:30px;left:725px
}

Thank you! That has worked out very nicely, thank you.

Any idea what is causing the space under the “search” box? It seemed that when I was playing with moving the search box around earlier, the space would grow and shrink.

I'll continue playing, but the first suggestion was a great start at pointing me in the right direction!

Thanks again.

[quote name=‘HempUSA’ timestamp=‘1317686987’ post=‘122869’]

Thank you! That has worked out very nicely, thank you.

Any idea what is causing the space under the “search” box? It seemed that when I was playing with moving the search box around earlier, the space would grow and shrink.

I’ll continue playing, but the first suggestion was a great start at pointing me in the right direction!

Thanks again.

[/quote]

Yep. Change the padding on #menu. Also I don’t have time to figure it out but something in your header

is making he page super wide. In FF there is at least an extra 600px worth of empty space when i scroll

right. might wanna figure that out also for your customers sake. :)

Thank you for all of your help! I worked. I was working on the “width” problem, then came back here to see if anyone had ideas on the menu issue.

And there you were! I had to change the margin on the menu to -33px…a little odd in my opinion, but it seems to be working.

Thank you once again!

[quote name='HempUSA' timestamp='1317699476' post='122881']

Thank you for all of your help! I worked. I was working on the “width” problem, then came back here to see if anyone had ideas on the menu issue.

And there you were! I had to change the margin on the menu to -33px…a little odd in my opinion, but it seems to be working.

Thank you once again!

[/quote]

Your welcome. Good luck!