Sidebars suddently disappeared

Hi,

After upgrading to 2.0.1 my sidebars (left-column and right-column) disappeared. I’ve checked the Blocks-section, but everything seams fine.

Also checked main.tpl and it seems the $right and $left variables aren’t filled with data.

Anybody had the same issue or any ideas?

The block definitions changed in 2.0.1 not only in the source tree but the DB as well.

The DB now contains path information and so do the block definitions in source.

Suggest you delete and recreate the blocks

What’s the correct way to do this exactly?

[quote name=‘studio-web’]What’s the correct way to do this exactly?[/QUOTE]

As with almost all new functionality in 2.0 Beta, no one really knows other than the developers. Also note, that things may change in whatever the next release is. Until there is a release that includes some documentation, no one will be able to really test the Beta, hence it will be several release candidates until the larger community can really help.

I was simply trying to address what I think the process is as of 2.0.1 and suggest how it might be more “merchant friendly” with some adjustment.

It would be most helpful (and allow people to actually test Beta Test) if there were some description of functionality in 2.0 provided by the developers or QA. There are several things that I think could be addressed:

1. How to use Revisions (and what’s the model)?
  2. How to create a skin addon so one can have their own CSS files or other UI changes without having everything they do come up as a conflict.
  3. What’s the recommended procedure for a merchant when an upgrade is available?
  4. Many other areas in the admin area that are new or where the functionality has changed from 1.35.

The purpose of beta test is normally to get help from actual users in testing. But when the users don’t know what something is intended to do, how can they test it?

[quote name=‘studio-web’]What’s the correct way to do this exactly?[/QUOTE]

I think I responded relative to another post… :slight_smile:

What I would do is delete all the current blocks and recreate them.

If that doesn’t solve your problem, then you might have an unclosed ‘div’ tag in your welcome message or other area that is preventing the layout from taking effect.

[QUOTE]I think I responded relative to another post…

What I would do is delete all the current blocks and recreate them.

If that doesn’t solve your problem, then you might have an unclosed ‘div’ tag in your welcome message or other area that is preventing the layout from taking effect.[/QUOTE]

It’s definitely (and unfortunately) not an unclosed div. Somehow the blocks arent’ loaded. So the rule {block id=15 template=“blocks/product_filters.tpl”} in blocks/locations/all_pages/left.tpl isn’t working. There should be a reset button to generate the default set of blocks.

What does your DB show for block_id 15 in the table cscart_blocks? That will tell you what locations it is defined for and excluded from. If you want to messaged me privately with pertinent info, I’d be happy to take a quick look.

I reinstalled the whole package (with the demo data) and it’s solved now. In the previous install, I didn’t choose for the demo data. Maybe it has something to do with this option?

Thanks for your help.