Short Description Increase, Help?

I spent some time trying to figure out how to increase the length of the short description. I want my complete short description to show on the main page with all the other multiple products. I found this in the forum…

[COLOR=“Red”]In skins/your skin/products_pages/products.tpl:

{$product.short_description|truncate:280:"

Change the value to increase or decrease.[/COLOR]

…but it didn’t work for me. I even increased it from 380 - 1000 and there was no change. I made the change in my “New Vision Blue” template, as well as the default and still nothing. Can someone tell me what I’m missing, Please!

Thanks In Advance

Many thanks to Zyles once again for helping me on this same problem. I’m happy to be spreading the good word.

[quote]Go to this page: customer/products_pages/products.tpl

[COLOR=Blue] In the products.tpl page find this code:[/COLOR]

{$product.short_description|truncate:280:“… $lang.more_link< /a>”}

[COLOR=Blue] and replaced it with this code:[/COLOR]

{$product.short_description
$lang.more_link< /a>"}[/quote]

[quote name=‘MikeK’]Many thanks to Zyles once again for helping me on this same problem. I’m happy to be spreading the good word.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tried that one already and unfortuantely it didn’t work either.

[quote name=‘Optiplex’]Thanks. I tried that one already and unfortuantely it didn’t work either.[/quote]Check to make absolutely sure you’re working on the right skin, in the right place. If you’ve done all this and nothing is happening at all, it makes sense that you’re applying the changes to the wrong skin.

[quote name=‘MikeK’]Check to make absolutely sure you’re working on the right skin, in the right place. If you’ve done all this and nothing is happening at all, it makes sense that you’re applying the changes to the wrong skin.[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike:

This is where I made the change too…

Current path: /skins/new_vision_blue/customer/products_pages/products.tpl

I’m using the new vision blue skin and there was no difference. I get a few short lines and then “… [more]”

And, if there is the [more] option instead of the full short discription then it winds up tabbing this over…

List price: $233.00

Our price: $182.00

You save: $51.00 (22%)

example: [url]http://www.vibeo.net/solutions/index.php?target=categories&category_id=204[/url]

I appreciate everyone for trying to help on this issue.

For those wanting to make a similar change in the “New Vision Blue” template, here’s the required changes…

Replace the following code:

{$product.short_description|truncate:280:"... `$lang.more_link`"}

with this one:

{$product.short_description}{$lang.more_link}

in:

[QUOTE]/skins/new_vision_blue/customer/products_pages/products_advanced.tpl[/QUOTE]

and

[QUOTE]/skins/new_vision_blue/customer/products_pages/products.tpl[/QUOTE]

…files on your server.

Thanks go to Mikhail Ponomarev (CS-Cart Technical support engineer).