Shopping Cart Reviews

What are the best Shopping Carts on the market today and why? What’s a good alternative to Cs-cart should someone be looking to switch;)

Stu

It all really depends on your requirements.

You can check this website: [url]http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/open-source-e-commerce-shopping-carts-best-of/[/url]

there are lots of other carts which are not on that list (nopcommerce, aspdotnet, productcart, 3dcart)

anyhow happy hunting if you are!

ps. don’t forger cs-cart is a pretty powerful cart in it’s own right :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]What are the best Shopping Carts on the market today and why? What’s a good alternative to Cs-cart should someone be looking to switch;)

Stu[/QUOTE]

Hey I would have switched from cs-cart, but as of 2.1.1 they have sorted out the performance issues with sqlite cache method so I am a happy bunny and no need to switch for me!

I spent 3 months trying at least 20 carts.

Decided to go with CS-cart and am very happy. Especially if you are in Europe it’s the best… and the team continues improving it.

Most american carts don’t offer multilanguage, good European PSP’s, etc.

If you’re looking for a good free open source cart try opencart.

Thanks for the info. Just curious but nothing more. I know Cs is the best but just get flippen mad when they don’t test upgrades before release. I have also tried many others and always end up right back here where I belong.

Sorry for the rant. I’ll try to be more productive in the forums where I can rather than be so critical, however, I think CS sees the frustration within the forums. It’s not just me.

To be productive…I tried Interspire demo and it was nice but long story short it’s not on Cs’s level I don’t think. I didn’t see anything within that software that got me exited. In-fact I find the constant email soliciting quite annoying.

Stu

[quote]

derbytown502

I think CS sees the frustration within the forums.

[/quote]

You think they actually read the forums? Not obvious and I’ve been active here for a long time.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You think they actually read the forums? Not obvious and I’ve been active here for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Hi guys! We do read the forum, but unfortunately we don’t have enough time to answer all your questions here. It is better to post your most urgent and important requests to HelpDesk.

We constantly work with the bug tracker and proceed all your requests, and we also thoroughly check the roadmap thread, and, of course, we read the Ideas forum.

As regards the other threads, we read them from time to time, especially when a new version is released.

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]Thanks for the info. Just curious but nothing more. I know Cs is the best but just get flippen mad when they don’t test upgrades before release. I have also tried many others and always end up right back here where I belong.

Sorry for the rant. I’ll try to be more productive in the forums where I can rather than be so critical, however, I think CS sees the frustration within the forums. It’s not just me.

To be productive…I tried Interspire demo and it was nice but long story short it’s not on Cs’s level I don’t think. I didn’t see anything within that software that got me exited. In-fact I find the constant email soliciting quite annoying.

Stu[/QUOTE]

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the last upgrade. Unfortunately, the problem lies in the specific server configuration. So now we decided to buy several most popular hosting services in order to be able to test the upgrade under different conditions.

Also, you can always help us and provide us with a backup of your store so that we can check the upgrade before the release using different db data.

We only want you to be happy with our cart:)

[quote name=‘imac’]We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the last upgrade. Unfortunately, the problem lies in the specific server configuration. So now we decided to buy several most popular hosting services in order to be able to test the upgrade under different conditions.

Also, you can always help us and provide us with a backup of your store so that we can check the upgrade before the release using different db data.

We only want you to be happy with our cart:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the clarification…now back to work;)

Stu

[quote name=‘imac’]Also, you can always help us and provide us with a backup of your store so that we can check the upgrade before the release using different db data.

CS-Cart, I actually believe you when you say this. I just want to know how we can help you? I don’t get any notification when you are doing beta or getting ready to release a new version.

Maybe you can create a beta group that would be willing to do some testing on their servers and their hosts before you release.

I want you to be successful because I am then successful.

Adam

P.S. - You really need to look at marketing, social media, and mobile tools for your customers. As a storeowner, I need to keep up with these trends as they will drive business to my website.

[quote name=‘imac’]We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the last upgrade. Unfortunately, the problem lies in the specific server configuration. So now we decided to buy several most popular hosting services in order to be able to test the upgrade under different conditions.

Imac,

First I want to thank you and the CS Cart Team for the constant improvement of the software, this shows your commitment to your customers. With that said why buy different Hosting services to test against different server configuration when you can have some of the users do the testing for you and report any bugs found before you make any release public, many of us have a live install as well as development install on the same server that we can test on . A group of beta testers is much needed and this way you will save money and headache at the same time.

Joe

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]Imac,

First I want to thank you and the CS Cart Team for the constant improvement of the software, this shows your commitment to your customers. With that said why buy different Hosting services to test against different server configuration when you can have some of the users do the testing for you and report any bugs found before you make any release public, many of us have a live install as well as development install on the same server that we can test on . A group of beta testers is much needed and this way you will save money and headache at the same time.

Joe[/QUOTE]

Guess from the thread above that you should post your ideas in the “ideas” section of Cs-cart or as mentioned above they won’t see it.

http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional:???:

Stu

[quote]

when you can have some of the users do the testing for you

[/quote]

This has been most of the problem. The users do the QA already.

There have been 17+ releases of the 2.x software in the last 2 years. While the net effect is positive (I.e. moving forward) almost every release has had a regression issue of some kind or other. These are just the facts.

Note that this is a very difficult type of product to QA. The configuration matrix of the product is huge and can’t be addressed by testing with the demo store. Mix in the variety of products and services that are being used and the problem gets very large, very fast.

During the beta of 2.0 there was absolutely zero feedback about what had been fixed, what were known bugs, etc.

So please, don’t rely on us to do the testing. That’s what we pay upgrade license fees for.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]This has been most of the problem. The users do the QA already.

There have been 17+ releases of the 2.x software in the last 2 years. While the net effect is positive (I.e. moving forward) almost every release has had a regression issue of some kind or other. These are just the facts.

Note that this is a very difficult type of product to QA. The configuration matrix of the product is huge and can’t be addressed by testing with the demo store. Mix in the variety of products and services that are being used and the problem gets very large, very fast.

During the beta of 2.0 there was absolutely zero feedback about what had been fixed, what were known bugs, etc.

So please, don’t rely on us to do the testing. That’s what we pay upgrade license fees for.[/QUOTE]

And…I think that people that upgraded last year should get a free one year upgrade because of the set backs that haven’t allowed most of us to progress forward this year. Anyone with this problem?

Stu