Shopping Cart Log Analyzer

Shopping Cart Log Analyzer module will allow you to view the contents of customers shopping carts and will record items that have been added, removed and abandoned from the cart and will allow the admin to search by date, product, customer and ip for both logged and un-logged customers…

Great idea. It would be wonderful to be able to send emails to people based on items abandoned or removed from a cart. Perhaps a 10% off coupon will spark an interest in actually placing an order. That also leads to the need for improved functionality for sending newsletters. It would be nice to be able to send them based on more specific criteria, such as what product lines they have purchased or viewed or added to their cart, etc.

[quote name=‘compernicus’]Great idea. It would be wonderful to be able to send emails to people based on items abandoned or removed from a cart. Perhaps a 10% off coupon will spark an interest in actually placing an order. That also leads to the need for improved functionality for sending newsletters. It would be nice to be able to send them based on more specific criteria, such as what product lines they have purchased or viewed or added to their cart, etc.[/QUOTE]The hard part is getting them to leave their email address. You could have a discount notice popup if an item is removed from the cart. If they abandoned the cart, you could use an OnUnLoad event with a coupon code offering a discount when the come back.

I like the ideas being mentioned here… Good marketing.

Simon

These are all great ideas and one of the main reasons I would like to see CS implement this mod. The idea is to have the Cart Analyzer log “both” customers who are logged in and potential customers who are just surfing your webstore. Customers who are logged-in, the Cart Analyzer will recognize that this is customer “Donald Rumsfeld”. Potential customers who are just surfing and have never been to your webstore before can be tracked as well but in place of there “customer” tag or whatever you want to call it will be there “ip address”. In addition and the most important I beleive is this next function and it will work for both logged/un-logged customers and that is when a webstore surfer say adds a product (recipe box) to there cart but 20 seconds later abandons the cart, exits page, leaves webstore ect… a javascript pop-up would pop-up letting them know you could “SAVE 10% right now on Recipe Boxes by placing your order today” with the new super cool ajax add-to-cart button on the pop-up window which would automatically direct to cart with the coupon discount already applied to cart…all aspects of discounts, text…would be controlled through the Cart Analyzer admin control panel with several marketing options available like…we could choose not to have a pop-up when exiting or leaving the page but to have a pop-up when the Cart Analyzer recognizes that the customer has returned back to the site, is this making sense? I’d like to hear more input from you guys and others about the features ect…because this is an absolute must have mod…

[quote name=‘compernicus’]That also leads to the need for improved functionality for sending newsletters.[/QUOTE]

Exactly again…the ability to send a newsletter to say everyone who has purchased “Product#2” or to send a newsletter to everyone who purchased a product in the month of “April”…and to send a newsletter to everyone in the state of “Colorado”…this mod could really go far…with v1.3.4 just released and the ability to add extra fields to the profilees we can now collect data such as birthdays and with information like that we could send out a birthday e-card with a 10% coupon or gift certificate ect…CS ROCKS !!!

[quote]"will work for both logged/un-logged customers … when a webstore surfer say adds a product (recipe box) to there cart but 20 seconds later abandons the cart, exits page, leaves webstore ect… a javascript pop-up would pop-up letting them know you could “SAVE 10% right now on Recipe Boxes by placing your order today”[/quote]

That’s a cool idea, but I can just see the word getting around … “these guys overprice everything by 10%, so be sure to abandon your cart so you get your 10% off coupon”. Could be a nice viral thing, but could work against you.

The other thing is, I tend visit a store 3 or 4 times before making my purchase, as do most of my customers. I will often add an item to my cart as I’m shopping around and I’d guess others do too.

I think this could be a great idea on selective items, especially high margin items, but I wouldn’t want to overdo it.

yep, that’s why we’ll have a control panel where we can make the settings whatever we desire, you could make it set that on the 4th visit back a popup would show or none at all, just disable the pop-up feature entirely and just view the statistics from admin, later on you can send a personnal email to a customer with a discount for the particular product they added and then removed from there cart, many possibilities exist including only showing a pop-up on specific pages only such as potential cutomers backing out of the(checkout) customer information page ect…