Shipping Works, until I add more than 1 item

Here’s one I need help on.

I have my localization set to USA and have weights on all products. Everything works fine. I do a test and add an item to the cart and shipping options are there (USPS).

When I add one more product to the cart I get the "unfortunatly no shipping options are available. . . . "

Any insight as to why this is happening?

Does this occur when adding any second product or does it always include a specific product? Do you have a URL we can check out?

Bob

It happens even when adding 2 of the same item.

I had 2 items in the cart and had the error, then deleted one and the shipping options displayed fine.

Maybe this has something to do with the quantity or something in the Editing shipping method: USPS section, I didn’t set anything in there.

Here’s the URL:

[URL=“http://mudmotortalk.com/store/index.php”]http://mudmotortalk.com/store/index.php[/URL]

The only thing I can think to check is if you have set a very low upper limit on the weight in the shipping method.

Bob

I have the weights in the shipping settings set at 0.00 to 50 lbs. On each of the items I’m having trouble with i have their product weights set to 0.53lbs

What shipping service is set for your shipping method? If you are using First Class Mail, it only allows up to 13 ounces.

Bob

I have it set to USPS First Class mail.

I will be shipping shirts in a large envelope (from USPS) and I weighed it at the post office to check the accuracy and it does match the software calculation.

What other option do I have to select to use that envelope, I tried priority mail but that almost triples the shipping amount.

Tony-

I don’t use USPS so am not too familiar with your options. This is what is says on the USPS website:

[QUOTE]Large envelopes are great for sending items through the mail like correspondence, proposals, and newsletters. The weight limit for First-Class Mail large envelopes is 13 ounces. For heavier pieces see Priority Mail. [/QUOTE]

Bob

[quote name=‘Tony Broussard’]I have it set to USPS First Class mail.

I will be shipping shirts in a large envelope (from USPS) and I weighed it at the post office to check the accuracy and it does match the software calculation.

What other option do I have to select to use that envelope, I tried priority mail but that almost triples the shipping amount.[/QUOTE]

Tony I had the same problem with FedEx. When I put products in my cart totalling over 20 lbs, the live rate request to FedEx came back with “Invalid Weight”. Turns out that I had set the package type to “FedEx Box” in ship settings, and FedEx sets a max of 20lbs on FedEx boxes. I changed the package type to “Other Packaging” and it worked fine. I can still use FedEx boxes if I want (and I usually do), but for heavy shipments I use my own box.

I would suggest you check the logs in Admin->Logs to see what the error USPS is sending you from the rate request and make the necessary corrections in ship settings for USPS.

Chris

Tony-

You could set the upper weight limit on the First Class Mail shipping method to .81 pounds. Then create a new Priority Mail shipping method that allows the heavier packages and has a lower weight limit of .81. Customer should then see only the appropriate shipping method for their package.

Bob

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.

The problem is i was using First class mail which has the 13oz limit.

Now I switched to Priority but the test cost at 1 pound is $10.70 when it should be $4.90 according to my local post master.

[quote name=‘Tony Broussard’]Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate it.

The problem is i was using First class mail which has the 13oz limit.

Now I switched to Priority but the test cost at 1 pound is $10.70 when it should be $4.90 according to my local post master.[/QUOTE]

Are you using the Priority Mail flat rate envelope? If so have you tried to set the Container (Priority Mail) setting in USPS ship settings to Flat Rate Letter?

What container have you set for Priority Mail?

Bob

This is what i have:

Package Size (length + girth, inches): . . . Reg 0…84

Machinable: True

Container (Priority Mail): Flat Rate Letter

Container (Express): None

Please specify the package width, height and length for Priority mail, if Package Size is Large only.:

Priority Mail (Size:Large) Width: 12

Priority Mail (Size:Large) Length: 15

Priority Mail (Size:Large) Height: 10

Remove all of the priority mail sizes you have previously entered

Here’s what I did to make life wonderful again. I took the advice above and created a Priory mail setting at 0.01 to 0.81 weights, and a new Priority Mail with 0.81 to 30lbs.

Works like a charm.

I’d really like to have way to use the flat rate box after about 4 pounds.

Anyone know how to accomplish that?

Weight Limit (Lbs): 4 - (Whatever max wt. you desire)

Name this method “Priority Mail Flat Rate Box” to help distinquish from others.

Tricky part will be in determining the 2nd Max. Wt setting which can only be an educated guess on your part based upon your product offering. Set the maximum too high & your customers will rcv the flat rate box pricing, however, in actuality you wont be able to get it all into a flat rate box & you will get burnt on shipping costs.

AGAIN, CS-Cart’s shipping functionality needs some major improvements!

For some reason, I can’t Priority Mail to work either. It doesn’t show up for the customer, and a 1lbs. test in the admin gives me this error:

[quote]First Class mail must weigh 13 ounces or less. / Invalid container type. Valid container types for Priority Mail are Flat Rate Envelope, Sm Flat Rate Box, Md Flat Rate Box and Lg Flat Rate Box.[/quote]Here are my USPS settings:

Type of Mail: Package

Package Size (length + girth, inches): Regular

Machinable: true

Container (Priority Mail): Rectangular

Length: 8

Width: 8

Height: 8

[quote name=‘grayloon’]For some reason, I can’t Priority Mail to work either. It doesn’t show up for the customer, and a 1lbs. test in the admin gives me this error:

[/QUOTE]

1lb is over the 13oz limit.

Bob