Shipping question

Is there anyway to exclude certain shipping methods for a certain group of products? For example, items (type 1) that won't fit in a USPS flat rate box because they are too large, but the do meet the weight requirement. I have other products (type 2) that fit just fine in flat rate boxes, so that should be an option for them. So, any orders containing a mix of types that include Type 1 should not have the option for USPS flat rate package.

In my current shop, (I'm converting to CS-Cart) I couldn't do this either, I just put messages near the shipping options with the restrictions, but it makes no difference, people still don't abide by it and just pick the cheaper flat rate option regardless, which means I have to re-calcuate the order if I want to get it right.

You might be able to use the addon I had Alt-Team develop. You can get at ADDON: Supported Shipping Methods - Third-Party Add-ons - CS-Cart Community Forums

I think it might do what you want.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1327891370' post='130206']

You might be able to use the addon I had Alt-Team develop. You can get at http://forum.cs-cart…ipping-methods/

I think it might do what you want.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Awesome! That looks like exactly what I'm talking about. Does it work with whatever shipping methods you have activated?

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I'd think it would, but the only way to know would be to test it out and play around with it. If it doesn't do exactly what you want, send it to Alt-Team and see if they can modify it. I'd think they could and I'd think it would be cheap enough since they were the ones to code it in the first place.

Thanks,

Brandon

I could use some pointers with configuring this shipping. I'm based in the US but I ship worldwide. I figured out how to hook up the USPS live rates and I have the domestic free shipping and media mail working fine but I cannot get the USPS 1st Class Air working. WHen I setup this method I don't see anyplace to choose which location this applies to. I thought I figured this location thing out, but then there is this issue. If I select Sweden in the estimator I get a message that there are no rates for this country. Could anyone supply an example as to how I'm supposed to configure this and in what order? I think I can get all the domestic rates working, it's just the out of the country ones that seem to be troubling me. For locations I have usa, canada and international.

Within your “International” Location which you have setup, is the Country of Sweden actually included in the available listing?

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1328231271' post='130525']

Within your “International” Location which you have setup, is the Country of Sweden actually included in the available listing?

[/quote]

Yes, it is. I only put a few in there to test with. If I switch the live rate usps method to priority mail air it works fine, but NONE of the first class air settings will give me a rate no matter what I do. I think it must be related to the recent changes the post office made when they raised rates, I just can't believe hardly anyone is saying anythign about this. Nobody uses first class air shipping??? I tried to fix it myself by changing the names in the database but I couldnt get it to work. In oscommerce you just have to adjust the usps.php file, but I have no idea where to fix this in cs-cart, being a cs-cart newb and all.