shipping/payment/order status

hi all,

I know there is an order status field in cs-cart. from what I understand this keeps track of the status of the order (logically)

however, how do I keep track of shipment and payment status? do I have to put all combinations of these statuses in the system as extra order statuses?

I’d love to see some explanations of how everbody handles these issues.

thanks,

B

Hello Bschiett

I use Paypal as my only payment processor. When a customer places an order, they are redirected to Paypal to complete payment.

When the customer completes payment, the order status will automatically change to ‘Received’. The invoice will have the payment details on it, such as payment processor (i.e. Paypal) Invoice number and a transaction ID. This way I can trace the order back through both my cart and Paypal.

If the customer doesn’t actually go through with processing their payment when they get to Paypal, the order status will show as ‘Failed’. If this happens, I will change the status to Cancelled.

When I ship an order that has been ‘Received’, I change the order status to ‘Dispatched’. This means the order has been completed.

[quote name=‘doddles’]Hello Bschiett

I use Paypal as my only payment processor. When a customer places an order, they are redirected to Paypal to complete payment.

When the customer completes payment, the order status will automatically change to ‘Received’. The invoice will have the payment details on it, such as payment processor (i.e. Paypal) Invoice number and a transaction ID. This way I can trace the order back through both my cart and Paypal.

If the customer doesn’t actually go through with processing their payment when they get to Paypal, the order status will show as ‘Failed’. If this happens, I will change the status to Cancelled.

When I ship an order that has been ‘Received’, I change the order status to ‘Dispatched’. This means the order has been completed.[/QUOTE]

thanks

i understand that in this case it works fine.

however, what if you allow bank transfers ?

suppose a customer buys something and selects bank transfer as payment.

the order remains open until the customer pays in the bank.

when we see the money we put the status on processed or paid.

however, we have no way to track shipped status?

payment and shipping status should actually be 2 fields, ideally.

i guess we could create statuses like this

paid - shipped

paid - not shipped yet

unpaid - shipped

unpaid - not shipped yet

and other combinations of 2 statuses. but I personally think this is a dirty solution.

i also don’t understand what the letter codes mean in the order statuses and how to make sure when i change an order status or add one, that I don’t break anything in the data model of the database.

i have not yet found documentation that describes very clearly which status is used for what purpose automatically by the cs-cart system.