Shipping options for Spain incomplete?

Hi all,

I think that the drop-down options for shipping to Spain are incomplete. We've been receiving a lot of emails from potential customers in Spain who say that their province isn't in the list of options, and one customer stated that the list seemed to cut off after G or H with the exception of Navarra and Valencia (which he said is misspelled as Valenciana).

I looked in Shipping & Taxes > Locations > EUROPE and I don't see any more options available. But yes, I see many province names that are missing.

Can anyone help me? (Assume very limited knowledge of the system, lol.)

Thanks!

To add a state, first use Wikipedia to find your country List of postal codes - Wikipedia then go to your country's postal code thing Postal codes in Spain - Wikipedia There you will see the “postal codes” for the different states.

Once you have that info, go to Shippings & Taxes => States => Select your country on the left => Click Add State

There you will put in your state code from Wikipedia and the name of the state.

Once you have done that, the shipping should work and the state should appear on the drop downs.

If you can let us know what states are missing, that would be great.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

I removed states / province all together because it's mostly obsolete for Europe (people have zipcodes for a reason). When people think it's necessary they will put it in the 2nd address line. Never caused me 1 single problem.

Hope this helps.

Oh, there we go! These are very helpful suggestions and they both totally work, thanks!

Anyway, @Brandon, the states that were missing, I think, were:

La Rioja

Las Palmas

Lleida

Lugo

Madrid ← really unfortunate, but we have shipped to Madrid before so hm

Málaga

Murcia

Orense

Palencia

Pontevedra

Salamanca

Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Segovia

Sevilla

Soria

Tarragona

Teruel

Toledo

Valencia

Valladolid

Zamora

Zaragoza

How do I remove the states? I can disable or delete them but then the address field still shows that you have to fill it out, but it's a text field rather than a drop-down. As suggested earlier, I'd rather just get rid of it for Europe as it turns out that those provinces really aren't necessary (unlike with US).