Shipping Option Display & Config Question

Hello:

I have following questions for shipping display settings. I am using basic skin.

How can I change shipping display type - radio or drop down? Is there any settings in Admin?

How can I change default selection for shipping rates?
- For example

UPS - $7.80

Local Pick Up

What do I need to do if I want UPS to be selected.

It seems like CS-Cart always defaults to FREE shipping. Any suggestions/

Thanks

You can change the order of the shipping method in:

Shipping/taxes > Shipping methods

The first shipping method will always be selected by default.

By default, the shipping methods are a dropdown if you’re not using the “one page checkout” method. However, because of the Ajax that is used on the “one page checkout”, using a radio list is much easier to work with. You’d have to alter the jquery code a bit to return the correct shipping_id.

Perhaps there’s a mod for this somewhere. That said, if you’d care to look, the code you’re looking for is in this template file:

/skins/{YOUR_SKIN}/customer/views/checkout/components/shipping_rates.tpl

gginorio - you said :

[QUOTE]You can change the order of the shipping method in:

Shipping/taxes > Shipping methods

The first shipping method will always be selected by default.[/QUOTE]

Ive found that doesn’t deem to work for me :frowning:

CS CART Ver 2.1.1

I want to have the checkout process select the FREE shipping option first, then the paid option underneath can be selected if the buyers wishes it.

Right now (no matter how I alter/setup the Shipping Methods position), it always defaults to the paid option?

My shipping method is weight based.

Thx :slight_smile:

OK quick update …Cleared the admin cache, and YES now the top listed SHIPPING METHOD is always the default chosen option.

I’m using PROMOTIONS to generate FREE shipping types for different sales amounts.

Under $150 Free regular shipping

Over $150 Free FAST shipping

If the person buys under $150 the free regular shipping kicks in and all seems OK now .The FAST shipping is available as a listing at checkout at extra cost. - the way it should be. (Regular shipping is the top listed item in SHIPPING METHODS)

But if they go over $150 the free FAST shipping kicks in … but the regular post is still listed and chosen by the system, even thought it states FREE Fast shipping is available. The buyer has to choose the free option it is not automatic.

Can we somehow change it so that the system automatically selects the FREE shipping method offered?

I’ve worked it out for me. It’s a bit of a hack of course.

EG

Orders $149 and under will see:

Select shipping method

• Regular Postage (3-5 days) - Free shipping (Automatically selected)
  • Express Post (1-3 days) - $9

(Fast/Express shipping is a valid option they can choose)

Orders $150 and over will see:

Select shipping method

* Regular Postage (3-5 days) - Free shipping (Automatically selected)
  • Express Post (1-3 days) - Free shipping

So if the buyer doesn’t select the Express method of shipping option. I will know from the order total that they should get it anyway.

But more importantly they won’t see this (from ealier testing)

Orders $150 and over :

Select shipping method

* Regular Postage (3-5 days) - $6.50 (Automatically selected & charged)
  • Express Post (1-3 days) - Free shipping

They should have Free Express shipping, but in this earlier case they may have paid the extra $6.50 if the buyer was not paying attention, which happens!

As Regular Postage is the system default.

I know this might seem like overkill, but so many customers don’t read the find print or details, and having to apologise and refund them when I am trying to offer all Australian buyers free shipping is a bit crazy :slight_smile:

I simply put a weight that no one would ever reach under Weight dependencies and a value of $1 under the correct country location (as ALL my listings have a weight in them.). If I left it blank, the Express option would always be selected. So this way I forced Regular Postage as the default.

Now if this blows up the cart I’ll let you know :stuck_out_tongue:

OK It will work, I’m tired & it’s late :slight_smile: