Shipping Expectation

I’ve looked and looked but can’t find this option in CS Cart. Is there an option to indicate a products shipping expectation? For example “Usually ships in 24 hours”, “Usually ships in 3 - 5 business days”, etc?

We have products that we either hold in inventory or drop ship and can be shipped as soon as we get the order, others that we have to get the product into us and then ship to the customer. Hopefully this option is available, if not, how do other people handle this in their sites? Put it in the description somewhere?

Thanks,

Chris

It sounds like you are just wanting to provide information so I would probably just put this in the description area. In that area you can change the font to whatever size and color you want so if you need it to stand out you can.

During checkout, you can add a description to you shipping option. Something like “Will ship within time frame specified on the product information page”.

I didn’t realize that you can add a description to shipping options. I’ll look into that and add the expectations somewhere on the product page. Thanks for your help.

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]During checkout, you can add a description to you shipping option. Something like “Will ship within time frame specified on the product information page”.[/QUOTE]

How do you add the description to the shipping option? Please advise.

[quote name=‘Casey L.’]How do you add the description to the shipping option? Please advise.[/QUOTE]

Admin>Shipping/Taxes>Shipping Methods… add in “Delivery Time”

Hi BarryH,

Sorry for not being clear.

I just find out how to change the shipping selection from drop down selection box to radio button. I would like to display some long description like below under each shipping method :

"Package not insured and we are not responsible for delays, lost packages or damages caused during the shipping process… "

Any ideas how to do it.

Many thanks

Casey, CSC does not do this out of the box, and it was important for me to have this functionality, so I ended up getting a custom addon for this by ShippingKit. It allows me to set a shipping expectation by category or by product. I can create any number of messages, they don’t necessarily have to pertain to shipping. But I can only assign one message to one product.

I’d link you to our site but it’s not yet completely moved to CSC so I attached 2 pictures of what it looks like in the admin area and on our product pages.

Since the work has already been done, ShippingKit should be able to sell this to you for a less than what I paid for it. Contact them and see what they say.

Chris

product_page.jpg

admin.jpg

[quote name=‘Casey L.’]Hi BarryH,

Sorry for not being clear.

I just find out how to change the shipping selection from drop down selection box to radio button. I would like to display some long description like below under each shipping method :

"Package not insured and we are not responsible for delays, lost packages or damages caused during the shipping process… "

Any ideas how to do it.

Many thanks[/QUOTE]

If you don’t want to buy an addon you could do this with a product feature and have all the variants you want. It would display as a tab on your product!

That would work too, in my case I needed to be able to edit and configure the message (colors, font, etc), set it to an entire category or single product, and have it clearly displayed right under the price. Since I don’t know TPL from a hole in the ground, I had to pony up the dough for it. :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘ChrisW’]That would work too, in my case I needed to be able to edit and configure the message (colors, font, etc), set it to an entire category or single product, and have it clearly displayed right under the price. Since I don’t know TPL from a hole in the ground, I had to pony up the dough for it. :)[/QUOTE]

Ok

Hope you got value for money! :razz: