Shipping configuration

Hello Bob,

Hello every body,

I am with 2.0.15 working and with some problems.

The first problem was in the OLDER skin that did not work in the new version (2.0.15) and SEARCH and PRODUCT’S IMAGES that did not work, too.

These problem were related to SKIN.

I installed the basic skin and everything start to work.

THE NEW PROBLEM I FOUND is in the CHECKOUT PROCESS.

THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT SHOW ANY SHIPPING OR PAYMENT OPTION IN THE CHECKOUT PAGE.

SHIPPING:

It is important to write that everything was working in version 2.0.12 like we can see in last posts.

FIRST PROBLEM:

When I click in the LOCALIZATION link and make Brazil like default… some BLOCKS in the HOME PAGE does not appear like: categories, banners, prices…etc. Only account BLOCK appears.

For this I click it to stay NOT ACTIVE.

In 2.0.12 version I did not need it.

The next link is “Localities”

There is an option “Default destination (all contries)” that I can not DELETE, but I can INACTIVATE it.

Countries

Just Brazil.

[url]http://companhiadanutricao.com.br/cscartforum/shipping_02.jpg[/url]

[B]SHIPPING METHOD /B

I created a new shipping method and in the configuration I have a problem (I think)

SECOND PROBLEM:

When I try to configurate the “NEW SHIPPING METHOD”… I get one problem that did not happen in others versions:

There is an option “Default destination (all contries)” is there, in spite I had INACTIVATED it.

I configure all others places (DF, faixa 1…)

For this, I started to believe that HERE CAN BE THE PROBLEM why clients can not SELECT any SHIPPING OR PAYMENT METHOD.

Maybe I am wrong and the problem can be in another place.

THE FACT IS: NO CLIENT (EITHER LOGGED IN) CAN NOT HAVE ITS FREIGHT CALCULATED BY THE SYSTEM.

Not sure if I understand you correctly or not but it sounds like you don’t have locations set up correctly.?

Hello,

Very long, really, my message.

But I need.

[QUOTE] Not sure if I understand you correctly or not but it sounds like you don’t have locations set up correctly.?[/QUOTE]

I used 2.0.12 with the same SET UP and it worked fine (after Bob’s help).

When I go to 2.0.15… I set up the same way… but when the client goes to the CHECKOUT PAGE (here is my big problem), a message inside the SHIPPING METHOD box describe that there is not a shipping method for his State.

One thing that I did not see in the 2.0.12 version is that I can not delete the “default worldwide options”… and after I turn it off … it still appears in the shipping configuration.

This looks very strange for me.

I need to configure it to ship only TO MY COUNTRY and nowhere else.

Tks!

Is there anyone from support team here?

I can not undestand what is happening between 2.0.12 version and 2.0.15 version.

[quote name=‘dragondf’]Is there anyone from support team here?

I can not undestand what is happening between 2.0.12 version and 2.0.15 version.[/quote]

turn off any, and all real-time shippers.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]turn off any, and all real-time shippers.[/QUOTE]

and how can the client know how much will he pay for the ship (shipping cost)?

I am sorry, but I haven’t understood it right.

Can you explain?

[quote name=‘dragondf’]and how can the client know how much will he pay for the ship (shipping cost)?

I am sorry, but I haven’t understood it right.

Can you explain?[/quote]

CS-Cart seems to have issues if you have a shipper that isn’t working correctly which will then return the error message specified.

Turn off all real-time shippers that you don’t use.

I had the same problem before. Did you Editing location?

Go to location>click on edit next the to DF, make sure that in Editing location, you click over the Countries/States that you want.

In States you should only have one State in that box,

Here is how I set up my Editing location: USA-NY

Countries

United states

States

New York

Now just save it.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]CS-Cart seems to have issues if you have a shipper that isn’t working correctly which will then return the error message specified.

Turn off all real-time shippers that you don’t use.[/QUOTE]

In fact I had only ONE shippment method turned ON.

I turn off ALL shippers… and sure, I get the same message (no shippment method to my location).

After that, I turn on the OLD shippment method and… SAME ERROR.

I created another SHIPPMENT METHOD… and… SAME ERROR.

The other doubt:

WHY PAYMENT METHODs ARE NOT WORKING, TOO?

In NO OPTION the PAYMENT METHODS are showed.

I think the errors there are something with the configuration of the SHIPPMENT METHOD.

Why the option " Default destination (all countries) " already appears in my NEW (and old) SHIP METHOD IF I TURN IT OFF IN MY OPTIONS OF CONFIGURATIONS?

This option was not in the version 2.0.12.

IS THERE A DOC or video or something like that where I can see this new configuration (from version 2.0.15)?

Thanks!

[quote name=‘tom437’]I had the same problem before. Did you Editing location?

Go to location>click on edit next the to DF, make sure that in Editing location, you click over the Countries/States that you want.

In States you should only have one State in that box,

Here is how I set up my Editing location: USA-NY

Countries

United states

States

New York

Now just save it.[/QUOTE]

Hello tom437

If you see the posts before (if you have time), you will understand why I don’t use LOCALIZATION (dispatch=localizations.manage) configuration.

But… I can be wrong for this new version.

I did not say that I am right, ok?

It is because this worked before when I and Bob (jobosales) talked about a problem like this (in this thread).

Tks!

AFTER I TRY A LOT OF THINGS… (I am using it like my produtivity store… so I need to solve it fast)

I think: maybe I use the same STATE for 2 regions.

For this, I went to

Shipping/taxes > Locations

(LINK: admin.php?dispatch=destinations.manage)

In Locations I have my OWN STATE and all others states are inside REGIONS (REGION 1, REGION 2, REGION 3 and REGION 4)

REGION 1 has only 1 State

REGION 2 has about 4 States

The first combination that worked was INACTIVE “REGION 1”.

After this, CHECKOUT could calculate the ship cost and show the PAYMENTS METHODS.

NOT PLEASED, I TRY TO CREATE A NEW REGION CALLED “REGION 1_2” AND THE PROBLEM BACK.

I DELETED this new region.

Everything start to work again (to client, sure).

One thing I could not understand:

I can activate the option “Default destination (all countries)” and nothing wrong happen.

“THE PROBLEM is with ONE STATE”, I imagine. It is not in any other REGION.

But… minutes ago I create a NEW REGION (Region 5) with the same state of REGION 1 and…

IT WORKED!

VERY VERY VERY STRANGE.

HOW COULD I KNOW IT?

IMPOSSIBLE.

I spend a lot of time with this.

I think everything is working. At least… like a COSTUMER I can see SHIP COSTS AND PAYMENT METHODS.

I hope anyone else has the same problem than me. VERY DIFFICULT to find the solution.

Thank for two people who try to help.

Sorry to say that… but THE PROBLEM WAS NOT SOLVED.

When I choose ONE SPECIFIC PRODUCT (only 1 in all store) it calculates the freight cost and give options to the payment method (IN CHECKOUT PAGE).

BUT…

IF I CHOOSE ANY OTHER PRODUCT…(different prices and weights) THE PROBLEM START AGAIN.

I can not believe this.

“I did not kill Joana Dark!”

I will make more tests tomorrow. Now is 01:10am. I need to sleep.