Shipping charge not there!

I just had a customer place an order with no problems.

10 minutes later he made a new order using the same billing address and a new shipping address and a new name (his son I believe as the last name was the same).

The new order has a zero shipping charge.

All my orders have a flat $8 shipping charge and my products do not have “no shipping charge” checked.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you!

url?

version?

shipping processor?

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]url?

version?

shipping processor?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jesse,

I have the last version from June of 2007 - not sure about the SP number?

I use Innovative gateway (owned by Quick books)

www.samhober.com/store

I do not use a shipping processor it is turned off. I have a flat $8 rate to keep things simple. although I am thinking about making shipping above say $60 free in the future.

Note I have never had a problem with the gateway (and have used it with other carts) this is surely a CS cart problem of some sort.

Are you sure? I didn’t have any problems.

[ATTACH]587[/ATTACH]

shipshot.jpg

Hi Texas Trophy,

Thank you very much for looking at my site!

I am not having any problems at all with single orders.

In this case someone ordered a tie and paid $8 for shipping just like your example.

Then they ordered minutes later a pocket square as a gift for his father. The billing data was exactly the same in both cases.

My theory is that somehow CS cart combined the two orders so that only the first one had shipping thinking somehow that the two orders were one and flat shipping rules kicked in.

Just a theory…

That is the cookies at work if I am not mistaken. I just went back to your site and selected another item and not only was the first item still there but I didn’t have to fill in my info again.?

Are you saying that shipping wasn’t added to his second order?

[quote name=‘Texas Trophy’]That is the cookies at work if I am not mistaken. I just went back to your site and selected another item and not only was the first item still there but I didn’t have to fill in my info again.?

Are you saying that shipping wasn’t added to his second order?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The shipping was not added to his order.

I have carefully checked my shipping settings and they are all exactly the same as in over $0 = $8 shipping and it always works very well except in this case.

On the same day I had a customer make two different orders 6 minutes apart and both were charged the $8 correctly.

The plot thickens…

taking a shot in the dark here…

is it possible the order status affected the shipping result

in my case, the order status is “Status:Processed” until I “Status:Complete” the order, and the software may assume its the same order until the Status is “closed/completed/shipped”

…just thinking out loud…

^^^ What mike said

Mike & Jesse,

Good thoughts, but I never touch or pay any attention to the shipping status so that is not a variable with this mystery.

Any more ideas?

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]taking a shot in the dark here…

is it possible the order status affected the shipping result

in my case, the order status is “Status:Processed” until I “Status:Complete” the order, and the software may assume its the same order until the Status is “closed/completed/shipped”

…just thinking out loud…[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that the shipping address for the second order was in a different destination? If so, review the charges for that specific destination (maybe the default and you have a separate destination set up) on your shipping method.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the idea.

I have the same setup for all destinations (only a few - default, USA, Canada and the UK).

In this case both orders were to the USA with different addresses, but the same zone/destination setup.

Note: the same day a customer ordered twice to the same address and was billed the $8 shipping on both orders.

So the mystery continues…

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Is it possible that the shipping address for the second order was in a different destination? If so, review the charges for that specific destination (maybe the default and you have a separate destination set up) on your shipping method.

Bob[/QUOTE]

The problem with no shipping charges is now getting worse as an example:

Orders within the USA now sometimes have the shipping charge (flat eight dollars)and sometimes do not.

My settings are very simple and have not been changed for a long time.

Any more thoughts?

The only other thing that I can think to check is making sure that there is no overlap between your destinations (i.e., make sure that any address resolves to a single destination). While I doubt this is your problem, having overlaps between destinations has been known to cause strange results.

You might want to disable the Default destination just to force all addresses to match one of your other destinations (presumably you are only shipping to the USA, Canada and the UK anyway). Again, this is a longshot but removes one more variable.

Bob

Bob,

Thank you.

However, there is no overlap and we do ship to most of the world.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]The only other thing that I can think to check is making sure that there is no overlap between your destinations (i.e., make sure that any address resolves to a single destination). While I doubt this is your problem, having overlaps between destinations has been known to cause strange results.

You might want to disable the Default destination just to force all addresses to match one of your other destinations (presumably you are only shipping to the USA, Canada and the UK anyway). Again, this is a longshot but removes one more variable.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you need to report this as a bug. Hopefully the developers can sort this out.

Bob

Bob,

Thank you and everyone else who has posted.

I have posted and sent a message in my file area lets see what they come up.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Sounds like you need to report this as a bug. Hopefully the developers can sort this out.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I received a prompt and very polite response from CS cart.

Basically they said that it could be something on the payment processor end.

I am not sure but for now all seems well.

Thanks again for all the thoughtful responses!