Shipping calculation troubles

Hi guys

I am trying to use UPS and USPS together and of course I would like to get some real time calculations of the rates. I have configured (I believed correctly) both the shipping modules and enabled them. Also I have enabled them in the Shipping Settings page.

The first issue I am encountering is that as soon as I add a product to the cart and view the cart there is a shipping charge there already calculated. I dont know where that rate is coming from, but I assume it to be from UPS.

Since I have two shipping methods I would like that no shipping charge is displayed until the customer makes a choice…

is there a way to do that?

The second issue is that the USPS does not show up at all as a shipping option, only UPS rates are shown when I try to use the calculator. Shouldn't the customer see two shipping fares options one from UPS and the other from USPS?

I have a doubt about the option in the shipping settings “Enable Intershipper (overrides other shipping processors)”

Should I check that as recommended under the guide on how to setup USPS on cs-cart? Then I also read from somone on the forum not to enable that and disregard intershipper…what is the true about it?

I have attached a capture to show you how the rate appears as soon as I view the cart…

Capture3.JPG

[quote]

The first issue I am encountering is that as soon as I add a product to the cart and view the cart there is a shipping charge there already calculated. I dont know where that rate is coming from, but I assume it to be from UPS.

[/quote]

It is coming from the Default Address on the Administration/Settings/General page.

Other threads have suggested only setting the “Country” in the default address to avoid errant shipping or tax info being displayed to the customer.

Ignore Intershipper entirely. It's no longer really used.

Rates are returned for all “Services” (methods) that are configured and returned by the shipping carrier. If there's no USPS then either it isn't working properly or you have a bad address. USPS quotes down to the street address, UPS only uses the postal code level.

Thank you tbirnseth I was able to solve that by removing the information in the admin/settings/general left only the default state and country.

I was also able to work out USPS…i noticed that there was a limit of max 70lb there by default…when I removed it the calculator started to work with USPS too and showing both UPS and USPS shipping options

If someone is exeperiencing the same issue, try to remove the max weight limits in the USPS

Are you really shipping something in excess of 70 lbs via the US Postal Service? Surprised their union would allow them to deliver it without a fork lift!

ahahah No, I am not shipping anything over 70lb but after I removed that setting the USPS calculator started to work and the rate appeared next to the UPS as shipping option

I need a motor freight solution (for heavy shipments) and it looks like the only option (Intershipper) is being discontinued? What to do?? It still looks like Intershipper is on the latest version 2.2.4, does it still work?

From what I have read intershipper does not work anyore

I you remove the location information, how does the system determine the ship from location in order to quote shipping?

[quote name='feniexstore.com' timestamp='1336857314' post='136327']

I you remove the location information, how does the system determine the ship from location in order to quote shipping?

[/quote]

I dont know but it worked before…to be honest now it is not working and I am having the same issue…I tried removing the information and left only country and state, but then at checkout when i try to calculate shipping it says no shipping methods are configured…I input the address of the company and everything went back to normal…not sure what is happening but I am investigating this issue again

[quote name='cherubrock74' timestamp='1355354106' post='151031']

I dont know but it worked before…to be honest now it is not working and I am having the same issue…I tried removing the information and left only country and state, but then at checkout when i try to calculate shipping it says no shipping methods are configured…I input the address of the company and everything went back to normal…not sure what is happening but I am investigating this issue again

[/quote]

Here is what is happening…if I remove the information from the company address the calculator still works until I remove the zip code…if I do that then it tells me “Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available for your location.

Please check your shipping address and contact us if everything is okay. We'll see what we can do about it.”

came to deal with the issue again because I setup a promotion for free-shipping for orders over $50…the promotion is configured correctly but when I use the code at checkout the free shipping option is displayed but not selected…the users has to actually select the shipping $0.00 to get free shipping…

I think once they apply the code, the shipping should automatically show as $0.00 instead of still showing the previous shipping method shown by default and wait for the user to choose the radio button and then click “Select”…

Is there a way not to display a shipping option before the customer input the zip code and eventually make the free shipping code work more user friendly ?

hope someone can help…

***** SOLVED *****

For future reference and for these having issue with this, make sure there is no address under settings, general, default location in the admin of your store.