Shipping and Payment Processing mods

Thanks a lots for the software. I like it so far.

I had a chance to try Interspire Shopping Cart 5.5.4 Ultimate - like it so much, but, at least it does not fit my needs. The only thing I would like the cs-cart developer team - not to stop development and improvement of the software. ISC is a great way to peek into and do the stuff even better than they do.

I would like you guys to see how Interspire’s Shipping and Payment Processing mods are done. You can manage Shipping accounts and Payments just on one page. Multiple select of Shipping methods for each courier and same thing with the Payment gateways. Very easy, handy and fast to do! Copy them!

Also, I would like to see an option for CC processors, especially Paypal to be able to select “Authorize” or “Process” the payment.

The above mentioned request is a must, and it is implemented in ISC and other carts. In the cs-cart it is not present.

This post belongs in the Wishlist & Feature Request subforum. This area is to discuss things in the development at labs.cs-cart.com.

Bob

Sorry, I was not sure where to post. Can it be moved under right forum?

[quote name=‘borescopeit’]Sorry, I was not sure where to post. Can it be moved under right forum?[/QUOTE]The mods need to move it. the proper forum. I found two others that need to be moved there as well. Hopefully, they will move these where they belong.

Bob

[quote name=‘borescopeit’]

Also, I would like to see an option for CC processors, especially Paypal to be able to select “Authorize” or “Process” the payment.

The above mentioned request is a must, and it is implemented in ISC and other carts. In the cs-cart it is not present.[/QUOTE]

“Authorize” and “Capture” options require support from the CC processor. CS-Cart offers the choice for some payment processors (e.g., Authorize.net, LinkPoint and SagePay). Do you know if Paypal supports this capability? Can you please identify which other payment processors available in CS-Cart offer this capability and CS-Cart does not offer it?

Regarding the shipping methods, are you saying that you would prefer that shipping methods be location-centered (attach shipping methods to locations) rather than as it is now where you attach locations to shipping methods?

Bob

PayPal supports “Authorize” and “Capture” and it is crucial to have such option. My store and many others use such an option with any live CC processors, and there are many reasons for doing that:

1. Adjustment of the order after initial followup

As to the shipping methods,

I prefer not to create new shipping method for, lets say FedEx Ground, Express, Priority, 2Day etc as separate entries. The ISC does that just by having CTRL selectable menus, where I can instantly select needed shipping options for same courier and do not need to have a bunch of entries.

Additionally, I would like to separate the shipping by zones.

Please see attached images:
  2. Prepayments for goods that are to be shipped later.

etc.

isc-shipping-zones-couriers.jpg

isc-shipping-zones.jpg

isc-shipping-methods-by-courier.jpg

[quote name=‘borescopeit’]PayPal supports “Authorize” and “Capture” and it is crucial to have such option. My store and many others use such an option with any live CC processors, and there are many reasons for doing that:

1. Adjustment of the order after initial followup[/QUOTE]

I understand the reason and, as I mentioned, CS-Cart offers this for a number of processors. Is Paypal the only payment processor currently available in CS-Cart that is missing this ability or do we need to add others to the list?

[B]EDIT: Since the developers will work on each payment method independently, I have entered the request for the authorize/capture option for Paypal Pro in the Ideas forum. You can vote for it here:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/708098-add-authorize-capture-to-paypal-pro[/url][/B]

[QUOTE]As to the shipping methods,

I prefer not to create new shipping method for, lets say FedEx Ground, Express, Priority, 2Day etc as separate entries. The ISC does that just by having CTRL selectable menus, where I can instantly select needed shipping options for same courier and do not need to have a bunch of entries.

Additionally, I would like to separate the shipping by zones.

Please see attached images:

2. Prepayments for goods that are to be shipped later.

etc.[/QUOTE]

Can you provide bigger images - the ones supplied are not clear.

Does this pertain primarily to real-time methods? You can create shipping zones (“locations” in CS-Cart) for any manual methods. I am just trying to understand this so that the feature request can be as clear as possible.

Bob

Until there is an option to set this, you can easily change to authorization. (I only authorize and then capture on my backend system).

open up the payflo_pro.php file located in the payments directory. Change the word Sale to Authorization under the node. Then also change the corresponding /Sale to /Authorization. It should look like this:

```php $post = <<

$payflow_partner

$payflow_vendor

$shipping_name[shipping]

$order_info[b_address]

$order_info[b_city]

$order_info[b_state]

$order_info[b_zipcode]

$order_info[b_country]

$order_info[email]

$order_info[phone]

$order_info[fax]