Setting Up Funnels in Google Analytics for One Page Checkout

Hi Guys,

I searched everywhere for an answer but couldn’t find one. I am sure some of you are already using Google Analytics Funnel Visualization for your store, so there must be an answer for my question…

How do you configure the different steps of checkout (one-page checkout) in the Google Analytics Goal Funnel? I am supposed to enter a URL for each step, but since the onestep checkout is Ajax based the URL remains the same…

Any ideas?

It’s not part of the standard product. You would have to add your own JS code to support what you need at each step.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]It’s not part of the standard product. You would have to add your own JS code to support what you need at each step.[/QUOTE]

Can you give me an example as to how to do it?

Has anyone else done it before?

If I’m not mistaken, there is a standard Google snippet that you would insert in the views/checkout/components/checkout_steps.tpl at the appropriate places and then adjust the value of each of those based on the step.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]If I’m not mistaken, there is a standard Google snippet that you would insert in the views/checkout/components/checkout_steps.tpl at the appropriate places and then adjust the value of each of those based on the step.[/QUOTE]

Googled this for about an hour. Found lots of help for Magento but nothing for CS-Cart.

I can’t believe that no one has done this before - seems so basic…

It’s not cart specific. It is javascript code that you insert into the places you want. You set the “conversion value” in the script related to what value you want to apply to each step of the checkout.

Going to the effort in doing this, you assume that your customers are bailing out at some point in the checkout process. I think you’ll find that most people that bail out (90%+) do so at the first step (or in the cart before even entering checkout). At least that’s what most merchants seem to find when looking at abandoned carts. So the value of this might be questionable unless you’re really a number cruncher and/or you think you can really affect the behavior.

Just my two cents.

I'm looking to do this too in CS-Cart 2.2.4, I found the following Goal URL's in a thread from 2008, however, these don't seem to work so I have asked support for some clarification.

I am definitely dubious my stores are working OK - the ecommerce conversion on one site has dropped since changing to CS-Cart, however, traffic itself has not dropped in similar fashion therefore I would like further insight as to why this is the case.

Will post a guide as soon as I have everything working as it should…

I previously asked CS-Cart support for similar code. It's not possible per their statement due to the way ajax is used.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’ timestamp=‘1337597561’ post=‘136898’]

I previously asked CS-Cart support for similar code. It’s not possible per their statement due to the way ajax is used.

[/quote]

Is this statement valid for both one page and multi-page checkout? Throws a major spanner in the works :(

[quote name=‘StellarBytes’ timestamp=‘1337601322’ post=‘136903’]

Is this statement valid for both one page and multi-page checkout? Throws a major spanner in the works :(

[/quote]

one-page only, multi is fine