Setting Up Delivery Charges, Postcode Zones, Anyone Done This?

So I’m now trying to setup shipping settings which was done in the previous cart by having different products based on country (multiple UK countries were created for ireland, scotland highlands etc) and being able to exclude certain postcodes from getting the cheaper rate if they just selected UK mainland.

Kind of hoping for a better solution here although can’t see how I could exclude postcodes - would I include all postcodes in the UK (from List of postcode areas in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia) by just the first 2 characters and a * like AB* and then deduct as necessary from the main product and then go on to create more products for the specific areas where it costs more?

Or simpler still if anyone has done this any chance of getting an export :grin:

Hi

We have ours set up with the different areas set up as locations, eg UK - Mainland, UK - Highlands & Islands etc, for each of those locations we select UK as the country, but for NI and Highlands we specifiy which states. We ony drill down as far as post code for Highlands, and yes you are right, AB* etc should do it. You then set up your shipping methods and charges around those locations. If you’re doing weight based shipping you then only need to set the weight in Delivery Properties for each product.

Take a look at this link, it might help …

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1414224747' post='195199']

Hi

We have ours set up with the different areas set up as locations, eg UK - Mainland, UK - Highlands & Islands etc, for each of those locations we select UK as the country, but for NI and Highlands we specifiy which states. We ony drill down as far as post code for Highlands, and yes you are right, AB* etc should do it. You then set up your shipping methods and charges around those locations. If you're doing weight based shipping you then only need to set the weight in Delivery Properties for each product.

Take a look at this link, it might help …

http://forum.cs-cart…s-to-appear-but

[/quote]

Same here

OK So I have created locations but what I don't get is when setting up custom shipping methods how do you make a method only apply to a certain location, it seems they all need details entering for each method?

Ah I sussed it, thanks