Set a higher priority for a Location of Shipping Methods

We have created 2 shipping methods as below:

1: Domestic Shipping - (Vendor Shipping Model)

2: Priority Shipping - (Marketplace Shipping Model)

We have Domestic Shipping in case the Vendor want to ship using his own courier company and the Priority Shipping incase they want to use our shipping.

Now when we defined the Locations Methods it was as below:[list=1]

[]Domestic Location :

[list=1]

[
]Country - India

[]States - All the States selected

[
]Pincodes : 18* , 17*, 16* , 15* , 14*, 13* , 12*, 11*

[]Cities -

[
]Addresses -

[/list] [
]Priority Location :

[list=1]

[
]Country - India

[]States - All the States selected

[
]Pincodes : 110018,110016,110015,110014,110013,110012,110011,110010

[*]Cities -

[
]Addresses - *

[/list]

[/list]

In the Second case only selective Pin-codes are mentioned since that is what is served by the courier company.

How do we map a Shipping Method to a Location manually?

It lists all of them, we tried selecting the Domestic Location for Domestic Shipping Method and it adds a + sign to the name Domestic Location+.

Similarily we did for the Priority Shipping and Priority Location and it shows a + sign.

Now we assign a Particular Vendor our Priority Shipping Service and go try to buy a product from his catalog the Priority Shipping Service doesn't show up in the Cart / Checkout page. The only way to show it up is goto Priority Shipping and make the mapping to the Domestic Location.

Is it like that you cant have 2 Locations with overlapping Pincodes?

Please help we are stuck.

Yes, there could be only one location selected during cart calculation.

In your case the each location “weight” (priority) is the same. But if you specify the City or State for the “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Priority”[/font][/color] location (I suppose this is not a problem because you have a particular Pincodes) than “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Priority”[/font][/color] location will have higher priority.

Thanks imac for the response but the problem with us is that we have selected [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Priority Shipment ( mapped to Priority Location only) as the Shipment Method for specific vendors and the other Domestic Shipment method is not selected for them since these vendors will only be shipping though the Priority Shipping Method only. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Now when some customer makes an order for this Vendor Product he cant see the Priority Shipping method while checkout. What can be the issue in this case? [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The only way to show it up is goto Priority Shipping and make the mapping to the Domestic Location.[/font][/color]

Do let me know if u want access to my system this seems like a bug to me as per your explanation ?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1436520096' post='222396']

Yes, there could be only one location selected during cart calculation.

In your case the each location “weight” (priority) is the same. But if you specify the City or State for the “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Priority”[/font][/color] location (I suppose this is not a problem because you have a particular Pincodes) than “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Priority”[/font][/color] location will have higher priority.

[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks imac for the response but the problem with us is that we have selected [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Priority Shipment ( mapped to Priority Location only) as the Shipment Method for specific vendors and the other Domestic Shipment method is not selected for them since these vendors will only be shipping though the Priority Shipping Method only. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Now when some customer makes an order for this Vendor Product he cant see the Priority Shipping method while checkout. What can be the issue in this case? [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The only way to show it up is goto Priority Shipping and make the mapping to the Domestic Location.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Do let me know if u want access to my system this seems like a bug to me as per your explanation ? [/font][/color]

[quote name='fleaffair' timestamp='1436523930' post='222404']

Thanks imac for the response but the problem with us is that we have selected [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Priority Shipment ( mapped to Priority Location only) as the Shipment Method for specific vendors and the other Domestic Shipment method is not selected for them since these vendors will only be shipping though the Priority Shipping Method only. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Now when some customer makes an order for this Vendor Product he cant see the Priority Shipping method while checkout. What can be the issue in this case? [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The only way to show it up is goto Priority Shipping and make the mapping to the Domestic Location.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So did you try the solution with the City? As far as I see you do not see the shipping just because the [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Domestic Location is selected for the customer.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]1. Locations is calculated[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]2. Shippings displayed depending on current location.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So I suppose you problem is 1.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1436953992' post='223011']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So did you try the solution with the City? As far as I see you do not see the shipping just because the [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Domestic Location is selected for the customer.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]1. Locations is calculated[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]2. Shippings displayed depending on current location.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So I suppose you problem is 1.[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[/quote]

The location tab contains * in both the Shipping methods. What do you want me to do on it ? I couldnt not understand your last comment.

I have though added specific cities in the Priority Location but still the Priority Shipping Method doesnt show up while a customer orders an item from a vendor having this Priority Shipping Method. Can some one from your team have a look at this , seems a bug to me.

[quote name='fleaffair' timestamp='1436960290' post='223027']

The location tab contains * in both the Shipping methods. What do you want me to do on it ? I couldnt not understand your last comment.

I have though added specific cities in the Priority Location but still the Priority Shipping Method doesnt show up while a customer orders an item from a vendor having this Priority Shipping Method. Can some one from your team have a look at this , seems a bug to me.

[/quote]

Tech support can. Please contact them using Help Desk.

Please note that they may charge you support credits if there is no bug.