Server Speed or Cart Speed Problems

Lurking with interest and finally chiming in on IsItFast’s problem… using FF3 and reasonably fast connection :

Like you said, everything I search for, 30-40 seconds. However, it seems the “search” module of CS is held up from being executed. Click on Search, FF holds for 30-40 secs with “Waiting for fastdecals.com…” in lower left. Then, once it begins transferring it loads quite quickly. Rest of site seems comparably quick to other CS sites, at least within reason.

Have you tried setting your customer settings to display something like 5000 products per page to see if the pagination is the culprit?

Everything has been restored to normal.

[QUOTE]Have you searched just one category for “4x4” at all? or have you always been searching the entire store (why isn’t relative, we’re just benchmarking here). If there’s too many products loading per category there might be an issue there[/QUOTE]

Yes, the searches are MUCH faster if I just search in one category. I have noticed that searching within a category that has few products is quite a bit faster than one with several (as to be expected).

[QUOTE]Have you tried setting your customer settings to display something like 5000 products per page to see if the pagination is the culprit?[/QUOTE]

I tried this since you suggested it but didn’t change any speed issues. It still took the normal 30 seconds or so to fully respond and then the page loads quickly with all the results.

IsItFast, I’m looking into the logs for any problems related to your domain and will reply to your ticket when I’m through.

Just to let you know; The cmsmallengines.net domain is hosted on the same exact server as your account with us.

Not sure why “joe” said it was on a dedicated server? DNS clearly points to CyberLnc. Funny that it is even on my same server.

Anyway, I sent a support ticket in to CyberLnc to make sure it wasn’t a server issue and this is the response I got:

[QUOTE]After checking through the server error and security logs, I see nothing related to this query so it is definitely not being blocked or throttled by server security modules and isn’t throwing any PHP or MySQL related errors.

The average search query is lasting 33 seconds when all categories is selected and is also creating a heavy load on the server

I then looked through your database and only see one thing that ‘might’ be a problem.

Table: cscart_products_categories contains 8,207 records and you appear to have 4,105 products.

I don’t know for sure if this is where your problem lies but it certainly looks like this could be causing a bottleneck during search within all categories.

This could also be influenced by any additions or mods installed related to product descriptions or categories. If you have any of these then you should try removing them and retrying the search feature to determine if they are responsible.

This problem is unique to your store so there is something wrong within the coding or database somewhere[/QUOTE]

Not real sure why the database is showing the extra records, nor do I really know how to fix that…or if that could be causing the problem.

And the mods I wouldn’t think would be causing the issues since they are only for the options (and I currently don’t have any in use). But I’m not real sure what they did in the coding so you never know.

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]…I did make sure the “use temporary tables…” option was checked in my settings. Which it has been this whole time so that wasn’t an issue…

[/QUOTE]

I know I am late to the game, but we could NOT use the temporary tables on 2 of our websites at a particular host. We had to turn it off to get the search to work much, much faster. Our other sites did not have the temporary tables as they are old versions.

THANK YOU clips!!! That solved the problem. Results are almost instantaneous now!

So anyone that may be having this issue make sure to UNCHECK the “use temporary tables” and see if that helps. Worked for me!

[quote name=‘clips’]I know I am late to the game, but we could NOT use the temporary tables on 2 of our websites at a particular host. We had to turn it off to get the search to work much, much faster. Our other sites did not have the temporary tables as they are old versions.[/QUOTE]

Use this [URL]http://www.whoishostingthis.com/[/URL] to check out cmsmallengines.net to see who is hosting this. Maybe the result is wrong from that website.

Another funny thing is “Use temporary tables during product search/catalog browsing ([COLOR=Red]increases performance[/COLOR])”.

Anyone can explain why the result is opposite?

[quote name=‘joe’]

Another funny thing is “Use temporary tables during product search/catalog browsing ([COLOR=Red]increases performance[/COLOR])”.

Anyone can explain why the result is opposite?[/quote]

It depends on the server setup really. I don’t know servers as well as Scott does however he’s most likely optimized the server to not require the temporary tables and hence it’s done the opposite.

again, no idea, just working on guesswork

I’ll look into this coding over the weekend when I have a little time.

Via MySQLadmin; I can witness other CS-Cart accounts on that server using tmp tables without any problems or lag so I really think this particular problem is caused by the amount of categories that must be processed.

MySQL queries and updates are normally very fast on our servers because of the unique way we have MySQL configured to use a dedicated 15k RPM SCSI drive for it’s data. Keeping the MySQL data on the same server as the account files avoids any networking lags and the use of the dedicated high speed drive for that data further increases seek and write times.

check www.silverbestbuy.com fast loading website, yahoo grade B80. near to A and will be soon A grade cs cart site. is it really fast or do i see it fast?

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]check www.silverbestbuy.com fast loading website, yahoo grade B80. near to A and will be soon A grade cs cart site. is it really fast or do i see it fast?[/QUOTE]

That site appears pretty fast to me. Mine just turned out being slow due to the table setting (see above).

use firefox it really help to resolve your problems. put silverbestbuy.com on firefox browser and see how much points it gives and see the objects that downloads. only 19 objects downloaded. thats a big change

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]use firefox it really help to resolve your problems. put silverbestbuy.com on firefox browser and see how much points it gives and see the objects that downloads. only 19 objects downloaded. thats a big change[/quote]

Hi, which hosting is [URL]http://www.silverbestbuy.com/[/URL] using?

I don’t know why everybody(or just someone) says that CyberLNC.com is a good cs-cart hosting company. I’ve sent 3 emails to them(3 different one) and till now, no reply yet.

If a company doesn’t care about pre-sales questions, why do customers bother keep asking? I just feel embarrassed.

Dear members of cs-cart, please help me finding a good hosting solution. Thanks in advance.

Update: I’ve already gotten reply from CyberLNC.com and it seems a mistake of spamming or sth. Their support is really amazing! Sorry for my harassment…

we use godady and we are really happy with them. we used startlogic and they were just pain in the a** i never used cyber but i guess they have some kind of agreement with cs so thats why they are kep saying cyber. thats my opinion. but you are free to go with one you want. at the end that really doesn matter with which hosting company you go with as long as they are reliable and 99.99% or 100% uptime guarantee and helpful, plus 24 hours call service.

You can get Godady vps or dedicated or just start with normal shared, people talk about dedicated and virtual but it doesnt really matter if you are not getting more than 300 people a day. if you do than i would suggest you to get virtual or dedicated. its just faster to download the data as more people are going to download your site information at the same time.

people are talking about do this do that bla bla bla and one BIG BLA BLA BLA…

The best option for you to do is to check all your pages and try to clean as much as empty spaces. (this will make your file/s lighter / less weight)

second: try to delete css files which you dont use. you need to know which ones as it depends on your template. dont ask me which part.

third: Put your js files together. search on google how to put js files together. ok i am going to tell you guys damn it. :))) minify your .js files. hehehe so instead of downloading then seperately one by one just download them all together as in one piece. (this is the best part to make your cs cart fly) guess people are just dont tell us or they dont know this part. or wants to make money from it.

fourth: take our most of the css images and use css codes. this will also help your download speed. (not yours maybe but your clients) i know you have 4mb, 10mb download speed… bla bla bla who cares what speed you have if your clients can have 56k modem.

fifth: Your image files should be on file system not on your database.

i read some one saying about having lots of categories… that doesnt really matter. you can have 1 or 20 different categories that doesnt slow down your speed, its the cart settings, ohh not something you do on cs cart admin, it you making your changes on the actual php, js , images and css file.

Dont use google, yahoo adverts on your page they might give you few buck but actually takes your potential clients away, as your clients also needs to download your adverts and it slows down your speed. as the bandwith will be used to get data from your site and then needs to go find google and download the data. so its up to you.

Try to use cache as your customers dont need to download the same images, files again and again.

so thats all for now. If i find more interesting things to turn our site a jet then i would write it here. as its just a boeing now.

use firefox to see how your site speed is. it really helps. looks like i am not going to stop writing…

here is www.silverbestbuy.com s speed:

Total HTTP Requests: 16

Total Size: 74314 bytes

External Objects

External Object QTY

Total HTML: 1

Total HTML Images: 9

Total CSS Images: 0

Total Images: 9

Total Scripts: 4

Total CSS imports: 2

Total Frames: 0

Total Iframes: 0

Download Times*

Connection Rate Download Time

14.4K 60.80 seconds

28.8K 32.00 seconds

33.6K 27.88 seconds

56K 18.01 seconds

ISDN 128K 7.74 seconds

T1 1.44Mbps 3.59 seconds

and here is the [url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

Total HTTP Requests: 98

Total Size: 229099 bytes

External Objects

External Object QTY

Total HTML: 1

Total HTML Images: 22

Total CSS Images: 62

Total Images: 84

Total Scripts: 10

Total CSS imports: 3

Total Frames: 0

Total Iframes: 0

Download Times*

Connection Rate Download Time

14.4K 197.16 seconds

28.8K 108.38 seconds

33.6K 95.70 seconds

56K 65.26 seconds

ISDN 128K 33.58 seconds

T1 1.44Mbps 20.81 seconds

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]we use godady and we are really happy with them. we used startlogic and they were just pain in the a** i never used cyber but i guess they have some kind of agreement with cs so thats why they are kep saying cyber. thats my opinion. but you are free to go with one you want. at the end that really doesn matter with which hosting company you go with as long as they are reliable and 99.99% or 100% uptime guarantee and helpful, plus 24 hours call service.

You can get Godady vps or dedicated or just start with normal shared, people talk about dedicated and virtual but it doesnt really matter if you are not getting more than 300 people a day. if you do than i would suggest you to get virtual or dedicated. its just faster to download the data as more people are going to download your site information at the same time.

people are talking about do this do that bla bla bla and one BIG BLA BLA BLA…

The best option for you to do is to check all your pages and try to clean as much as empty spaces. (this will make your file/s lighter / less weight)

second: try to delete css files which you dont use. you need to know which ones as it depends on your template. dont ask me which part.

third: Put your js files together. search on google how to put js files together. ok i am going to tell you guys damn it. :))) minify your .js files. hehehe so instead of downloading then seperately one by one just download them all together as in one piece. (this is the best part to make your cs cart fly) guess people are just dont tell us or they dont know this part. or wants to make money from it.

fourth: take our most of the css images and use css codes. this will also help your download speed. (not yours maybe but your clients) i know you have 4mb, 10mb download speed… bla bla bla who cares what speed you have if your clients can have 56k modem.

fifth: Your image files should be on file system not on your database.

i read some one saying about having lots of categories… that doesnt really matter. you can have 1 or 20 different categories that doesnt slow down your speed, its the cart settings, ohh not something you do on cs cart admin, it you making your changes on the actual php, js , images and css file.

Dont use google, yahoo adverts on your page they might give you few buck but actually takes your potential clients away, as your clients also needs to download your adverts and it slows down your speed. as the bandwith will be used to get data from your site and then needs to go find google and download the data. so its up to you.

Try to use cache as your customers dont need to download the same images, files again and again.

so thats all for now. If i find more interesting things to turn our site a jet then i would write it here. as its just a boeing now.

use firefox to see how your site speed is. it really helps. looks like i am not going to stop writing…[/QUOTE]

Hi silverbestbuy, thanks for your reply and kind suggestions. Everyone here is just great!!!

BTW, I’ve already gotten reply from CyberLNC.com and it seems a mistake of spamming or sth. Their support is really amazing!

[quote name=‘joe’]Hi silverbestbuy, thanks for your reply and kind suggestions. Everyone here is just great!!!

BTW, I’ve already gotten reply from CyberLNC.com and it seems a mistake of spamming or sth. Their support is really amazing![/QUOTE]

your web page is really slow…:confused: you really need to some tuning i guess. you have F32 on firebug. that means not to be mean but bad website. you have lots of images and data that can go straight to bin. so better clean them all.

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]your web page is really slow…:confused: you really need to some tuning i guess. you have F32 on firebug. that means not to be mean but bad website. you have lots of images and data that can go straight to bin. so better clean them all.[/QUOTE]

You get that right! The current website is built by a very stupid IT company in Indonesia, no customization, just Joomla+Virtuemart(what the hell…). I just graduated from last year and our new website is going to be live in this week hopefully.

Anyway, thanks for your really useful advices!!!

BTW, are you the Jewelry shop’s owner or a warm-hearted technician? Your site looks great.

[quote name=‘joe’]You get that right! The current website is built by a very stupid IT company in Indonesia, no customization, just Joomla+Virtuemart(what the hell…). I just graduated from last year and our new website is going to be live in this week hopefully.

Anyway, thanks for your really useful advices!!!

BTW, are you the Jewelry shop’s owner or a warm-hearted technician? Your site looks great.[/QUOTE]

i am the designer of silver best buy company. Graduated from London Metropolitan University bsc. Multimedia. now i work here in this company as an it manager.

Thank you for our site comment.

Most probably those guys are using affiliates so they can make money out from your website.:)))

[quote name=‘silverbestbuy’]i am the designer of silver best buy company. Graduated from London Metropolitan University bsc. Multimedia. now i work here in this company as an it manager.

Thank you for our site comment.

Most probably those guys are using affiliates so they can make money out from your website.:)))[/QUOTE]

The affiliates are my boss’s idea…For sure, I will take all of them out!

Are you waiting for cs-cart 2.0? I hope they have a performance boost for it. I will focus on cs-cart 2.0 SP4 and make it as perfect as I can.