Server Improvements

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend a third party who can get the best out of servers and CS-Cart. We are suffereing some lag with our Cart and could do with an overhaul on the server really! Currently running a VPS with 1GB RAM but just feel like the server isn't set up as it should be to get CS-Cart ultra speedy. We have Webo sitespeedup installed which makes some difference but still feels slow.

Will to get offers for payment too.

Regards

I thought 'Martfox' were a CS-Cart endorsed host? If the slow effects you are experiencing are not down to an issue with your data itself, then…poor show. Have you asked them about it? Presuming that is still your host from your forum signature.

Is your shopfront also slow? Or just admin?

Both it seems is really quite slow! what do you think ww w.custom-cable.co.uk This is with Webo enabled! I am not sure whether it's the server setup or not as i'm not experience in this area.

Regards

[quote name='AmitP' timestamp='1323801175' post='127798']

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend a third party who can get the best out of servers and CS-Cart. We are suffereing some lag with our Cart and could do with an overhaul on the server really! Currently running a VPS with 1GB RAM but just feel like the server isn't set up as it should be to get CS-Cart ultra speedy. We have Webo sitespeedup installed which makes some difference but still feels slow.

Will to get offers for payment too.

Regards

[/quote]

Hi,

the site is loading fine (within 1-2 sec.).

I also don't notice any speed problems. Actually, the site is very fast, even on first load.

Yeah suprisingly i have been spending about 2 days playing on the webo settings and trying to get it sped up. I turned off GZIP HTML and turned off using zlib, I also disabled applying CSS Sprites and mod_gzip and all seems to be REALLY fast now for some reason! I think having all the mods just ran the processer to hard and it turn had a negative effect on the speed.

Page load time: 7.24s

Somehow I think this is worse…

Yeah, today the whole website has ground to a halt! cPanel has expired so can't access the backend to check processes or see the load. It's amazing! One minute its blazing fast the next it times out!. rubbish! lol

I think you were spending time optimizing things that were already optimized. Like for compression, just pick one. Otherwise you're going to spend considerably more time trying to optimize something that can't be (or yield is very low) than optimizing something that needs it.

My experience is to get rid of all 3rd party optimizers and only use gzip compression on the html. In many cases (other than graphic heavy environments) is going to give you 95% of the beniifit you're going to get. Sprites would come next, then css concatenation. But that's just one opinion, I"m sure there are plenty more.

Each time I tried webo it screwed my speed , I may have missed something but I tried a few times then binned it.

I am now more than happy with my speed, google page speed gets me 91 and I too am with Martfox UK.

John

I can get your Webo working brilliantly mate. :-) It has taken me almost 4 days to get it to be where it is. lol What are you using to get pagespeed at 91? I can normally get pagespeed to 91 but the actual website is very slow when navigating in real life strangely. Our website is working fine now! I had a ticket response from Martfox to say that there were a large amount of packets being lost during the last few days at the DC which was causing the slowdown.

I'd consider running your own server. A micro instance on ec2, nginx php-fpm and APC does wonders. Optimize your images, minify your javascript and css and your site will load extremely quickly.

please try now and report your findings.

www… custom-cable.co.uk

Have you moved the site or dns Amit I am getting default cgi page coming up in UK

You may need to flush the DNS,

John

in the UK it's now up on most ISP's

Not on mine yet, will check in the morn and let you know.

john

cc.JPG