SEO - word density problem for "Add to cart" links. How to change it to an image?

Hi,

I’m optimising my website for SEO, and have come accross some issues…

After analysing my site against a googlebot simulator, I have found the density for each word in my site. I was shocked to realise that the most dense word in in is “Add to cart” (in our language, of course).

That happens because engines like googlebot are robots that strip down the content to the page to understand what that page is about, and if the title and metatags are relevant to the content.

So what we decided was to replace the links “Add to cart” to images with the text “Add to cart” on it. These images would be used as clickable buttons. I have tried to understand how I could do it myself, but that particular piece of code is very “hard-coded” for my knowledge, full of smarty scripts that have so many exceptions. I suppose it would be the “skins/YOUR_SKIN/customer/products_pages/buy_now.tpl” that would have to be edited. The other tricky part is that the “Add to cart” link shows itself in at least two different ways. What appears in the category page is not the same as in the product detail page.

The file “skins/YOUR_SKIN/customer/buttons/add_to_cart.tpl” surely has something to do with it as well…

I’m wondering how to get buttons there instead of links. Would appreciate some advice…

Cheers

Its a very good & true point, something I plan on taking a look at shortly too.

Unfortunatly I have no idea as of yet

Yes i can only agree with this. I have looked into this and found such problems in the Body Text In Bold Type Face.

Web site Templates are electronically distributed] Product options: :: [Web site Templates are electronically distributed] Product options: :: [Web site Templates are electronically distributed] Product options: :: [Web site

It can be changed in languages to something better, but this is a change across the board. Failing this leave it out totally.