SEO Name

We have updated the price on a product this morning which had the url of:

ourdomain/personalised-products/personalised-logo-dart-flights-plf-001.html

When searching for Personalised Dart Flights we come at number 3 with the link above.

After saving following the mod the url has changed to:

ourdomain/personalised-products/personalised-logo-dart-flights-plf-001[COLOR=“Red”]-en[/COLOR].html

adding the little “-en” at the end which renders the link from the search engine to a 404 page not found.

I have gone to the add-ons in the product to change the SEO name, but it will not save and keep reverting back to -en.

Why is this happening and how do we stop it?

Thanks

Hello The Joker,

This is the standard CS-Cart functionality that, if the same SEO names are used for different pages, namely, if you have two categories with the same SEO names, the “-en” extension is added to the latest created category. If you add a third category with the same SEO name, you will get the “category-en-2” SEO name as a result. So, if you want to change this functionality, you need to enter a new SEO name for the repeated categories manually.

I hope this explains the situation.

This is for product not a catagory, but I suspect it is the same.

It seems to happen each time we update a product the new extension is added.

In this instance, it is the only product with that url.

Thank you for the reply, The Joker.

This problem requires an investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk: [url]http://cs-cart.com/helpdesk[/url] and provide us with a temporary FTP access to your server.

You already have those details

Were you able to resolve this? I’m having the same problem in “SEO rules” under administration. When I change the SEO name of the destination URL, it adds “-fr” (French). Any fix for this please?

[quote name=‘The Joker’]You already have those details[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately we cannot connect to your server with the old credentials.

Thank you.

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Unfortunately we cannot connect to your server with the old credentials.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

The problem hasn’t been resloved.

I have tried to contact CS-Cart through the helpdesk, and although the above appears to be an offer of assistance, it is instead a means for you to purchase support credit to obtain a solution!!

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Unfortunately we cannot connect to your server with the old credentials.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you do have them.

[quote name=‘The Joker’]The problem hasn’t been resloved.

I have tried to contact CS-Cart through the helpdesk, and although the above appears to be an offer of assistance, it is instead a means for you to purchase support credit to obtain a solution!![/QUOTE]

Sorry for possible inconveniences.

Could you please post your ticket in the Customer Help Desk again and provide us with a new temporary FTP access to your server.

Thank you.

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Sorry for possible inconveniences.

Could you please post your ticket in the Customer Help Desk again and provide us with a new temporary FTP access to your server.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Done