SEO for filters

Hello,

How can I create SEO URLs for filters - I am interested especially for manufacturers.

For example, on the cs-cart demo, on this page: [url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days we have filters for:

Price

* $0.00 - $50.00 (51)

* $50.00 - $100.00 (18)

* $100.00 - $150.00 (8)

Manufacturer

* Adidas (8)

* Nike (4)

* Reebok (3)

* More

Audio formats

* mp3 (7)

* wma (8)

* wav (6)

I see that for the manufacturer the URLs are SEO friedly. How was this done?

Thank you.

Hello CsssCart,

In order to implement it, you should do the following:

1. In the administration panel, go to Catalog > Product features.
  2. Click on the “edit” link of the necessary product feature.
  3. In the opened window, open the “Variants” tab and click on the “Extra” link of a variant. In the opened section, enter the necessary value into the “SEO name” text input field.
  4. Click the “Save” button.

Please make sure that the “Extended” option is selected in the “Type” drop-down list in the “General” tab of the editing page of the selected product feature.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I try it, but you can’t combinate 2 filters.

If i want two SEO filters for exemple

[url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

I have just the First filter whois rewritting

Hi@ all

the suport team isue could be used to display listing product by manufacturer per ex: www.domaine.com/sony.html like the manufacturer addons of 1.3.5 version

But existe any tips to have seo url with filtering product like this:

www.mydomaine.com/catname/?subcats=Y&features_hash=LCD.SONY.WIDESCREEN.HDMI

???

Yours Sincerely

[url]http://www.mydomaine.com/catname/?su...features_hash=LCD.SONY.WIDESCREEN.HDMI[/url]

better if we have

catname/…filter.lcd.sony.widescreen.hdmi.html

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello CsssCart,

3. In the opened window, open the “Variants” tab and click on the “Extra” link of a variant. In the opened section, enter the necessary value into the “SEO name” text input field.

Please make sure that the “Extended” option is selected in the “Type” drop-down list in the “General” tab of the editing page of the selected product feature.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team[/QUOTE]

Works great. Thank you!

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1305533435' post='112389']

Hello CsssCart,

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hello Pavel,

Is there any solution to also make the filters from inside the categories seo friendly? For example, on this page: Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days the filters for Manufacturer are Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days and Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

Would it be possible to make it more seo friendly and include the manufacturer in the URL?

Thank you in advance.

[quote name='CsssCart' timestamp='1320749917' post='125566']

Hello Pavel,

Is there any solution to also make the filters from inside the categories seo friendly? For example, on this page: Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days the filters for Manufacturer are Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days and Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

Would it be possible to make it more seo friendly and include the manufacturer in the URL?

Thank you in advance.

[/quote]

No solution for this?

Short answer is no. For the links you mentioned above, CSC supposedly recently added no follow to those links so they would not be indexed.

That's nice and cheap Rate for SEO! good informational thread about it!

That's nice and cheap Rate for SEO