send stuff to more than one email?

When you're in Admin > Settings > Company, where you set what email address orders, etc. go to, is it possible to have them go to more than 1 email? I tried entereing 2 with a comma & space separator but it didn't work - it only sent to the first email (i.e. name@email.com, name2@email.com)

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1313858015' post='119956']

When you're in Admin > Settings > Company, where you set what email address orders, etc. go to, is it possible to have them go to more than 1 email? I tried entereing 2 with a comma & space separator but it didn't work - it only sent to the first email (i.e. name@email.com, name2@email.com)

[/quote]

You can simply set this up with your host (in cpanel for example).

Or use a comma to separate the addresses

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1313866044' post='119969']

Or use a comma to separate the addresses

[/quote]

And he means just a comma, no space. If you put in a space the second email won't go out. Be forewarned that I have a bug report in that having a second email address can cause problems with the Back In Stock notification feature.

the comma with no space didn't work. How do I set it up in CPanel?

[quote name='home@abitofhome.ca' timestamp='1313875380' post='119976']

And he means just a comma, no space. If you put in a space the second email won't go out. Be forewarned that I have a bug report in that having a second email address can cause problems with the Back In Stock notification feature.

[/quote]

Shouldn't matter. The RFC spec says that spaces are ignored. So “foo@bar.com,bar@foo.com” is equivalent to “foo@bar.com, bar@foo.com”. It might matter if you're using PHP mail versus SMTP since all bets are off on what you're really getting when you use PHP mail.

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1313934647' post='120001']

the comma with no space didn't work. How do I set it up in CPanel?

[/quote]

How did you verify that it didn't work? Do you have the maillogs from your server saying what the underlying service did with the address?

I believe what Flow is saying is to create an “mail alias” on your server via cpanel and to have that alias equate to one or more email addresses. I.e. store_admin => foo@bar.com and bar@foo.com

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1313949528’ post=‘120007’]

How did you verify that it didn’t work? Do you have the maillogs from your server saying what the underlying service did with the address?

I believe what Flow is saying is to create an “mail alias” on your server via cpanel and to have that alias equate to one or more email addresses. I.e. store_admin => foo@bar.com and bar@foo.com

[/quote]

I tried and it also doesn’t work here with just a comma. Mail does not arrived… did not check further. cpanel works fine :)

In cpanel go to mail → forwarders and set as you wish

Same here - I tested it with the 2 emails with comma-no space & the emails came to the first email but not the second.

I looked, and it's implemented to only accept one address in the to field, no CC's nor BCC's.

Try putting a period (with no spaces) between email addresses. We have 2 set up for our order department email address and the emails go to both. I used to have a comma but the CS support changed it to a period when I reported problems sending in the past. Check the bug report list for this issue.

Well, looking at the code for 2.2.3, they have added a function called fn_format_email() which will change ';' to ',' and then separate the addresses by ',' and return the array(). I don't see anywhere a period (.) is handled and I'd be quite surprised to see them using a non-standard separator in the address especially since '.' is part of the domain separator. Maybe they did a custom tweak for you, but it doesn't make sense they would use a '.'.

They still don't handle cc nor bcc and they send a separate copy to each recipient versus doing it with a to address and a bcc or cc… Wasteful, but not illegal.

So it appears in 2.2.3 (haven't checked other 2.2.x versions) that you can use either a ',' or ';' as the separator when you want to use multiple addresses.