Sellers Having Trouble With Shipping

Hello,

The site that I am working on at the moment is in the beta stages and unfortunately many of our beta testers are finding the shipping input very confusing. Has anyone had the same problem and if you have how did you tackle the issue?

thanks!

Depends on your shipping needs.

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Is there a way of simplifying it?

Hello,

Can you please specify what exactly causes the confusion and what part of the process you would like to simplify?

[quote name='Nadine' timestamp='1407334389' post='188948']

The site that I am working on at the moment is in the beta stages and unfortunately many of our beta testers are finding the shipping input very confusing. Has anyone had the same problem and if you have how did you tackle the issue?

[/quote]

Shipping system is very flexible in CS-Cart. Therefore some things are not clear at first. But if you understand it one time, you will not face any issues in the future. Knowledge base is a good place to start!

Something similar to Etsy's and Ebay's model.

[quote name='Nadine' timestamp='1407510058' post='189087']

Something similar to Etsy's and Ebay's model.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, some code modifications are required in order to implement this.

I am in the process of upgrading to MV 4.2.1 and I have my shipping settings set to match those in the online demo of MV.

On my site, I get the error code “Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available…” I have been working on this for quite some time but I cannot get past that error. However, I am able to go through the complete checkout process on the demo.

What could I be missing?

Hello,

[quote name='ShowStuff' timestamp='1408502116' post='190020']

What could I be missing?

[/quote]

Please check the following article in the KB:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…ual-ship-method

Thanks for your reply. I have reviewed every document in the knowledge base regarding shipping but I still cannot get it set properly.

From the knowledge base:

[quote][list]

[]Check whether geographic areas (states or countries) of location zones do not intersect with each other.

[
]Check whether the states (if they exist) are selected on the location details page.

[/list]

[/quote]

For clarification purposes, does the first item here mean, by do not intersect, that I do not have two locations that would include the state of Alabama?

I have tried the checkout process with only a specific Alabama location active but still received the error.

Etsy’s shipping model is almost oversimplified, but it makes sense to the broadest set of users. All of our users still complain that our shipping “isn’t as simple as Etsy’s”. Damn Etsy and their dozens of developers, millions of dollars and Rasmus Lerdorff (inventor of PHP!) on staff. ;-)

CS-Cart is very flexible if you’re a relatively tech savvy lone operator - but moving to the multivendor side it is far from user friendly. But if you’re looking to create your own Etsy type marketplace (which we were), it’s one of only two (maybe three) platforms out there.

In the end we spent a few months writing new documentation and simplifying/improving the interface in an attempt to make it more palatable for our mostly non-technical users. We’re still overcoming needlessly opaque aspects to the operation of different functions - between the “English as a second language” documentation and only the most perfunctory explanations, we’ve spent most of our budget and time just trying to put things right, rather than implement the look and feel of the store.

Which is probably more of statement on how hard it is to offer a single platform to serve a large variety of customer needs.

Thank goodness for simtech, support and (mostly) these forums.