/?sef_rewrite=1

How do I get ride of that extension. I notice it is being indexed a lot on our site. What is it anyway? Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc are indexing my site like this a lot -

/?sef_rewrite=1

Someone help! Its bothering a lot now as I do not want it to start affecting our ranking since its not even including our actual url. It will also just even just list it with a slash…/

Anyone noticing this in the statistics?

[quote name=‘adeo’]How do I get ride of that extension. I notice it is being indexed a lot on our site. What is it anyway? Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc are indexing my site like this a lot -

/?sef_rewrite=1

Someone help! Its bothering a lot now as I do not want it to start affecting our ranking since its not even including our actual url. It will also just even just list it with a slash…/

Anyone noticing this in the statistics?[/QUOTE]

it happens of incorrect redirect in htaccess

or due to ssl

Thanks Darius for the reply. There is no SSL on the site just yet so I think that may not be it. Could you help show me how to fix it? Or anybody out there know how. Nothing has be done or added to the .htaccess file from what I can see.

Thanks in advance forum

I had huge problems with this when I first switched to CS-Cart about a year ago. For me, the fix was to rework my .htaccess file. I was switching from a cart that used .php endings for all pages to CS-Cart which uses .html endings. Anyway, it took some figuring out and I still get the occasional problem with it. Are you using the standard .htaccess file from CS-Cart that is to be used with the SEO addon?

Yes I am using the .htaccess supplied with CS-Cart. Still do not have a solution. Hope you know more about this than I do?

Thanks for your reply.

For me the problem arose because I already had a bunch of 301 redirects in place in my .htaccess file and the rewrite rules from CS-Cart caused the sef rewrite parameter to be added to the redirected pages.

If you do not have any existing redirects, then yours is a slightly different problem. I’d say it’s a server issue and I would suggest you contact your web hosting support who should be able to help you figure out why this is happening and how to fix it.

Let us know what you find out so that others facing this problem will be able to read this thread in the future and get help.