Second Store Products

Hello Forum.

I have just added another store to my admin in Ultimate and during the second store creation, had all the settings and products copied from the first store since they are going to be carrying almost the same items. My issue at this point is that I am not able to do much with products and categories under the new store without having to switch to "All Stores". And the even when I switch to the second store and view an item, it is always tagged as been owned by the first store.

any way around this without having to re-create all the products in the second store all over again.

And even, while switched to the second store, when i try to add a product to more categories and I click "add categories", it does not give me the list of categories , it just tells me to "Manage Categories" and when I click that it then goes to the the main list of categories.

Any help out there for a newbie?

Thanks

Hello Forum.

I have just added another store to my admin in Ultimate and during the second store creation, had all the settings and products copied from the first store since they are going to be carrying almost the same items. My issue at this point is that I am not able to do much with products and categories under the new store without having to switch to "All Stores". And the even when I switch to the second store and view an item, it is always tagged as been owned by the first store.

any way around this without having to re-create all the products in the second store all over again.

And even, while switched to the second store, when i try to add a product to more categories and I click "add categories", it does not give me the list of categories , it just tells me to "Manage Categories" and when I click that it then goes to the the main list of categories.

Any help out there for a newbie?

Thanks

Hello!

Each product has only one product owner, so this main store can edit all fields, but the shared store can edit only some of the fields. But you can clone the products and change the store owner.

Please check how the items are shared among store-fronts in CS-Cart

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.4.x/user_guide/stores/sharing.html

Hello Oleg,

Please walk me thru cloning a lot of items at the same time and assign them to the right store in bulk, if possible?. Plz let me know what the best way to do it in bulk is, Cloning and Assigning. I also walked thru the docs that talks about sharing but I need the ability to change info for items from each store. Also, What other configurations can I control from each store without having to deal with the main store?

Please

And Ecom-Labs, thanks for pointing me to the sharing doc.

Hello Oleg,

Please walk me thru cloning a lot of items at the same time and assign them to the right store in bulk, if possible?. Plz let me know what the best way to do it in bulk is, Cloning and Assigning. I also walked thru the docs that talks about sharing but I need the ability to change info for items from each store. Also, What other configurations can I control from each store without having to deal with the main store?

Please

And Ecom-Labs, thanks for pointing me to the sharing doc.

To clone products in bulk, switch to all stores, check the necessary products and click Clone selected in the gear button. Then check all the new created products, click Edit selected in the gear button, in the opened pop-up you can see Store field and edit it for all products.