Searching by product code does not always work

It seems that when I search by product code it does not always work. Its basically hit or miss. Is this a known issue ?

sorry i should actually say it works for the user . I am having the problem on the admin side

hi giftedwon,

what’s your version?

10 testing in my shop and work no problem 1.3.5 sp2

testing with :

Maleta givi V46

maleta givi v46

givi v46

v46 = dont work but if reload page work

V46

v46 givi = don’t work

maleta v46 = don’t work

I d’ont know is possible cache problem but if a put the exact reference all works perfectly

i am using the latest one. i think its 1.3.5 sp4

2.0.4 doesn’t find products based on product codes. Anyone found a way around this?

Should be in Advance search

Add the item code to the search terms for each item. That was my workaround.

is this the only fix? surely the product code IS a search term, including anything in the title

as we’re adding products to our site prior to switching off our old one - this is becoming increasingly annoying as the catalog/products screen is great, suspect something somewhere not quite right or overlooked as even the clunky, clappedout kak we’re using for the old site has the search on prod code…

Indeed, it might have been overlooked. However adding the fix is quite simple.

[quote name=‘Catch1fish’]is this the only fix? surely the product code IS a search term, including anything in the title

as we’re adding products to our site prior to switching off our old one - this is becoming increasingly annoying as the catalog/products screen is great, suspect something somewhere not quite right or overlooked as even the clunky, clappedout kak we’re using for the old site has the search on prod code…[/QUOTE]

This might be what you need.

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation