Searchandise Search Results

On my site I am using Searchandise, but sometimes the results give products that are not what the customers are looking for. Sometimes the correct product is there, but it is listed at #120 instead of #1 or #2 in the results. How can I make the product that supposed to show at top get up there?

In the 'Extra' section of the product edit page I entered the keywords that are being searched in 'Search words:' box. That only moved the results up a bit and the correct item is still 5 or 6 pages deep.

Basically what I am asking is if there is a way to edit the search results to show the most relevant products and possibly remove the ones that are not relevant? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello gatorguy,

Thank you for your message.

I really understand your situation. Unfortunately, it is impossible to implement your request at the moment. However, we always improve the Searchanise service and I want to assure you that search results relevancy will certainly be improved in the future.

Thank you for understanding.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='gatorguy' timestamp='1366206895' post='160122']

On my site I am using Searchandise, but sometimes the results give products that are not what the customers are looking for. Sometimes the correct product is there, but it is listed at #120 instead of #1 or #2 in the results. How can I make the product that supposed to show at top get up there?

[/quote]

Hello,

My name is Konstantin, I am a Searchanise development team member.

Could you please tell the address of your store and give some examples of incorrect search results?

We desperately need more of such examples from live stores to improve our search service.

If you do not want to post such data here in the thread, you can contact me directly via e-mail: kmolchanov@searchanise.com

Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks!