Search Speed

My website is an okay speed, but when I search it takes approximately 20 seconds or so.

I do have tons of products, and I am on the highest plan available from SiteGround.com

What do you think I can do to speed this up?

Reduce product features and languages. You don’t say what type of hosting plan you are on. If vps, increase memory and allocate more to MySQL.

You can also try Searchanise

Reduce product features and languages. You don't say what type of hosting plan you are on. If vps, increase memory and allocate more to MySQL.

https://www.siteground.com/shared-hosting-features.htm

I use GoGeek account. This "should" be enough but I do have over 50,000 products.

Please do a search related to performance on this forum to read (forever) about shared versus cloud versus vps versus dedicated hosting.

I would not recommend shared hosting for ANY merchant who is serious about running an online business. You simply have no control over performance and are completely subject to the other sites on the server. As a consultant, I wouldn't even attempt to diagnose performance issues on a shared site for anything outside the settings within the cart itself. So again, reduce features and languages if you can for the most performance gain.

As Ecom suggested, Searchenize is also an alternative. It is off-site so you don't have the impact to your server.

You can also try Searchanise

At that price of over 50,000 products might as well upgrade.

Update to anyone who comes across this:

I do believe the problem is the size of my website vs the resources available with shared hosting. I will be testing on a VPS and a Dedicated server and will post back speed.

Update to anyone who comes across this:

I do believe the problem is the size of my website vs the resources available with shared hosting. I will be testing on a VPS and a Dedicated server and will post back speed.

You will notice a big difference in a good dedicated set up, and as said before, if your serious about making money and can afford it, just gotta be done.