Search Doesn't Work Right in 2.2.1

I am using the Quick Search Addon in 2.2.1 and in the settings I have selected to use ALL words . . . but the search results are returning ANY words. Is there another setting somewhere that would effect this to make sure it's searching by ALL words?

Hello knoxbury,

Please try clearing templates cache in your store. In order to do it, open this link in your browser: http://www.your_domain.com/admin.php?cc where “www.your_domain.com” is the address of your store and where admin.php is the script file for the administration panel of your store that was renamed for security reasons. Before cleaning templates cache you should be logged in to the administration panel of your store.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310545702' post='117149']

Hello knoxbury,

Please try clearing templates cache in your store. In order to do it, open this link in your browser: http://www.your_domain.com/admin.php?cc where “www.your_domain.com” is the address of your store and where admin.php is the script file for the administration panel of your store that was renamed for security reasons. Before cleaning templates cache you should be logged in to the administration panel of your store.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

I wish it was that easy . . . but that didn't fix it. It's still returning results with any of the keywords instead of all. If you go to presentationsdirect.com and search for “pouch laminator” (no quotes) . . . you'll see that it returns anything with pouch OR laminator instead of pouch AND laminator.

Hello knoxbury,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1310561328' post='117182']

I wish it was that easy . . . but that didn't fix it. It's still returning results with any of the keywords instead of all. If you go to presentationsdirect.com and search for “pouch laminator” (no quotes) . . . you'll see that it returns anything with pouch OR laminator instead of pouch AND laminator.

[/quote]

I am having the same problem with the quick search. Did you find any solution with your problem?

thank you,

Albert

Hello Albert,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1311580856' post='118164']

Hello Albert,

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

CS-Cart support loves to say this and then charge for their support when their product isn't working as it should. But I wouldn't waste my time! I contacted support directly about this (after paying for it) and was told that this is exactly how it's supposed to work. That is crazy! Search in CS-Cart is TERRIBLE and yet that is exactly how it's supposed to work . . . no matter how many people complain.

Hello knoxbury,

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our technical support service. We checked the problem in your store in more detail one more time and found out that the search functionality that you requested works as it should and we provided you with necessary information about how to achieve it by yourself in a Help Desk's ticket. However, if you still experience the same problem, please provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it so that we can check it.

Also we subtracted technical support credits for explaining standard CS-Cart functionality and for helping in setting it up. I want to assure you that we never subtract support credits for no special reason.

I apologize for your inconvenience in this matter and I hope that the problem on your side will be solved shortly and without any additional issues.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1311602229' post='118201']

Hello knoxbury,

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our technical support service. We checked the problem in your store in more detail one more time and found out that the search functionality that you requested works as it should and we provided you with necessary information about how to achieve it by yourself in a Help Desk's ticket. However, if you still experience the same problem, please provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it so that we can check it.

Also we subtracted technical support credits for explaining standard CS-Cart functionality and for helping in setting it up. I want to assure you that we never subtract support credits for no special reason.

I apologize for your inconvenience in this matter and I hope that the problem on your side will be solved shortly and without any additional issues.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

You can keep saying that the search works as intended, but that is missing the point. People don't LIKE how the search works and so “as intended” should be changed to work as people think it should work. Search is a HUGE part of an ecommerce website and right now, CS-Cart search is not very helpful to customers.

And my main point about technical support was to tell the other user not to waste his time or money opening a case for this because you'll just tell him it works as intended.

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1311603454' post='118204']

You can keep saying that the search works as intended, but that is missing the point. People don't LIKE how the search works and so “as intended” should be changed to work as people think it should work. Search is a HUGE part of an ecommerce website and right now, CS-Cart search is not very helpful to customers.

And my main point about technical support was to tell the other user not to waste his time or money opening a case for this because you'll just tell him it works as intended.

[/quote]

Have you put this in the Ideas area or voted on it if it's already there?

Vote here for much needed improved search functionality: http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/1758555-google-quality-site-search-?ref=title