Search Customers By Phone Number

Why can we still not search customers by phone number? Every other system out there has this as a standard option. Is there anyway we can add this in the code.. ???

Ver 4.3.x

Because cs-cart stores phone numbers free form (I.e. how the user entered it). So 503-123-456 is quite different than (503) 123-456 or 503123456 when searching. Most other environments normalize the phone number (like 503123456) and then format it it within the forms for input and display. Note also that some sites may also want a country code too.

Why can we still not search customers by phone number? Every other system out there has this as a standard option. Is there anyway we can add this in the code.. ???

Ver 4.3.x

Hello!

We have Advance Search Addon for Orders where you can search by phone number , Tracking ID , Coupon Code.

For More Details. you can drop a message to us

Please open the file and design/backend/templates/views/profiles/components/users_search_form.tpl replace:

{capture name=“simple_search”}
{$extra nofilter}
with
{capture name=“simple_search”}
{$extra nofilter}

{__("phone")}
then open the app/functions/fn.users.php file and replace:
$group .= " GROUP BY ?:users.user_id";
with
$group .= " GROUP BY ?:users.user_id";
if (!empty($params['phone'])) {
        $condition['phone'] = db_quote(" AND (?:users.phone LIKE ?l OR ?:users.b_phone LIKE ?l OR ?:users.s_phone LIKE ?l)", "%".trim($params['company'])."%", "%".trim($params['company'])."%", "%".trim($params['company'])."%");
}
If you are familiar with hooks, it is better to use them instead of changing core files

Follow this tutorial for adding phone number in customer search

http://shikhar.me/blog/add-search-by-phone-number-cs-cart/

Use the same logic for adding phone number search in orders search

Or just buy my cheap addon Bells and Whistles, which has both these features.