Search block to list brand, model and then displays product

I’ve been looking for ages and tried the add block feature but can’t find any way of doing the following.

I’m trying to make a side block that says Remote finder (remote control for av stuff) that allows user to find a remote control for their model of TV.

Something like this…

Brand selection - A drop down box of the brand e.g. sony, philips

Model selection - a drop down box pf the model numner which goes directly to the products.

Any ideas or are there any scripts available>?

[quote name='San' timestamp='1265638762' post='70006']

I’ve been looking for ages and tried the add block feature but can't find any way of doing the following.

I'm trying to make a side block that says Remote finder (remote control for av stuff) that allows user to find a remote control for their model of TV.

Something like this…

Brand selection - A drop down box of the brand e.g. sony, philips

Model selection - a drop down box pf the model numner which goes directly to the products.

Any ideas or are there any scripts available>?

[/quote]

I am in dire need of a solution for this setup, am willing to pay aswell.

Hello!

Unfortunately, there is no way to configure default CS-Cart to work in this way. But I suggest that you should use the “Product features” functionality as a workaround solution. After product features are created for a product, they will be displayed in the “Features” tab on the product details page on the storefront. Please read appropriate articles of our Knowledge base:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

After that you need to create product filters in your store. For more information about how to do it, please refer to this article:

In order to display product filters as a drop-down select box, please read the following article:

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team