Scared to install or upgrade to 1.3.5?

I am looking to upgrade to 1.3.5 but by seeing all the threads it looks quite daunting and I am now a little worried about moving up?

Does anyone have any answers on how I go about doing this correctly as I am fairly new to all this and worried that I will lose everything from the previous shop.

Thanks in advance.

Paddy

Well, I know there are a few stores working fine on 1.3.5. At least I think so. But this whole forum has turned into a $#!+storm of people who are having problems with the new version. Although I’d love to add some of the new features to our store, quite honestly I don’t think it’s worth the risk, at least for us.

if it aint broke… just my $.02

I will second that…

Shame I’ve been looking forward to this day, but there you go!!

Part of the answer is to not upgrade a live store. Make a copy of your database and use it to create a new database for testing under using a separate installation (e.g., domain.com/test/). Make sure your password protect the new directory.

You can then safely experiment with the upgrade without disrupting your live store. If something goes wrong, you can just restore your test database.

I would suggest you do a manual upgrade rather than using Store Manager; I do not think anyone has run Store Manager without problems.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Part of the answer is to not upgrade a live store. Make a copy of your database and use it to create a new database for testing under using a separate installation (e.g., domain.com/test/). Make sure your password protect the new directory.

You can then safely experiment with the upgrade without disrupting your live store. If something goes wrong, you can just restore your test database.

I would suggest you do a manual upgrade rather than using Store Manager; I do not think anyone has run Store Manager without problems.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I agree…if people could do this before upgrading rather then upgrading without testing & find out something’s wrong & complain about it on this forum :rolleyes:

It’s fine if people complain. It’s more productive if they also report any bugs to the developers using the Bug Tracker. At least the bugs have a chance to be fixed in the next update.

Bob

My store is not live yet, but I would certainly mirror jobosales comments regarding not upgrading a live store. That being said, we had some issues upgrading ourselves, but CS-Cart helped along the way and we have what I would say is a pretty stable solution. We’ve been waiting on 1.3.5 to go live because of some mods that we need, but for the most part it’s done what I expect. Just a few kinks here and there to work out.

To sum it up, I think the issues are more with the upgrade process than the product. But others may disagree.