Saved Shopping carts possible?

Saved Shopping carts possible?

How does a customer save a shopping cart for his next visit?

Example: Puts item xyz in his cart but wants to buy it next week so he logs in next week but can’t find his cart.

The wish list feature should work for this situation. This could be turned on in your admin>addons area.

Hope that helps.

I just added an item to the cart logged in on one computer then logged out. Went to another computer and logged in and the item was still there in the cart.

using 1.3.5 sp4

[quote name=‘hhlh2’]I just added an item to the cart logged in on one computer then logged out. Went to another computer and logged in and the item was still there in the cart.

using 1.3.5 sp4[/QUOTE]

Interesting as that does not work for me…

[quote name=‘CSCartSkins’]The wish list feature should work for this situation. This could be turned on in your admin>addons area.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the idea I will look at that feature and see if it would be helpful I use very few features as i like to keep things simple and not slow down the cart.

I think saving the cart is a good feature. One of our suppliers have a minimum order which we don’t always reach. We save the order and come back to it a day or two later and add more products till we reach the threshold.

We have some saved carts of products we order regularly, that way we can add the saved cart to the checkout without having to retype the complete order again, it does save us some time.

I have a situation now with a client who changed his payment method , he chose money transfer and then to speed things up told me he’d pay thru paypal, I edited the order in admin, all ok.

Now he tells me he sees no where in his panel where to pay for the order. I made a test buying a product and did exactly the same procedure, placed order selecting money transfer later changed to paypal method. I then login, went to orders and there’s only a button for printing the invoice, no way possible to pay for the order. How come???

Am I missing something? It is the 1st time a client changes the way he wants to pay and I had not seen this problem before. Has anyone had the same situation?

How do you solution this?

[quote name=‘hhlh2’]I just added an item to the cart logged in on one computer then logged out. Went to another computer and logged in and the item was still there in the cart.[/quote]

For how long? The cs_cookies[cu_id] cookie only lasts for a week.