Sales Tax rounds one or two cents up

On CS-Cart v2.0.15,

Look like CS-cart calculates each item sales tax, round up first, save to cart session / order data table, and use these saved sales tax amount to accumulate individual tax rate subtotals for each order. I found the sales tax for local customers orders is accumulate one or two cents up when order items are moth than 3!!!

Tried to post this bug on Bug tracker, but didn’t get any feedback from CS_cart after 4 days!

I think 4 digits decimal points for saved item tax could solve this problem. Anyone have ideas how to fix this problem? Need your expert suggestions, Please help!

How would you suggest calculating taxes to arrive a more correct number?

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Hi ChrisW,

Thanks for this wonderful precision trouble-shooting guide… It works great!

Follow the instruction to update fn.common.php, but my image verification can’t display after that. It gave me a shock in 1st time!!! I think maybe my hosting PHP 5.2.13 cuase CS-cart run some funny way. Because I just fixed option combination bug this week, I knew when number greater than 10 digits as array index will cuase php generate negative number.

I tried to adjust + 0.00000000001 to be + 0.00001 and It works perfect for me now!!!

Thank you so much!

In 2.1.x, in the Admin Area, I believe you can also choose Sales Tax calculated by Item or by Sub Total.

David

[quote name=‘MINISTAR4U’]

Follow the instruction to update fn.common.php, but my image verification can’t display after that. It gave me a shock in 1st time!!! I think maybe my hosting PHP 5.2.13 cuase CS-cart run some funny way. [/QUOTE]

Glad to help. Don’t know why this would affect your image verification, but as a general rule, each and every time I change a program in /core, I always clear my cache before testing (http://yoursitename/admin.php?cc).

And like Triplets said, the tax calculations were significantly enhanced in 2.1 which is one of the reasons why I will upgrade as soon as 2.1.1 is released.

Chris

Hi David, I saw this feature at CS-cart 2.1.0 Administration → Settings: General → Tax calculation method based on. It is good improvement for us. For stores need multi-tax rates, they still need use Item with at least 3 decimal points to get precise sales tax…I guess. Thanks for your value-added Info!

Hi Chris, I found this weird thing when I updated fn.common.php and did the test on the store. I also tried to cleane my cache, but the same condition for broken image verification.

Fournately, I met CS-Cart option combination bug under PHP 5.2.13 around 6 weeks ago, and found out the problem from PHP 5.2.13 which cause some 10+ digits of combination_hash as array index becoming negative numbers 3days ago. That is why I tried to gradually reduce from + 0.00000000001 to + 0.00001 and luckily fix both of problems.

Actually, item tax precision shall be nothing related to image verification for most under PHP 5.2.10 (I guess), because my another store run under PHP 5.2.08 don’t have these kinds of weird bugs from PHP 5.2.13.

I still have big headache for secure checkout and need to use custom manual secure checkout. After fixing that, I will think about 2.1.x…

Thanks Both of You!